It is currently April 16th, 2024, 9:13 am

Measure Toggle

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
xenium

Re: Measure Toggle

Post by xenium »

balala wrote:I'm sorry, but doesn't help. The code includes some files I don't have. So, please pack the whole config and upload it. This way I'll have all needed files and will be able to check the skin.
https://ufile.io/inv4z
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

xenium wrote:Is it because the updaterate is set to a low value (29) ?
Yeah, probably the UpdateRateSeconds=29 is quite low. With Update=60 (set up in the [Rainmeter] section), it means a connection to the site, each less than 2 seconds (29 x 60 = 1740 milliseconds = 1.74 seconds < 2 seconds). Setting this variable to 10000, means one update (connection) each 10 minutes (60 x 10000 = 600000 milliseconds = 600 seconds = 10 minutes). This is a reasonable interval, use it boldly.
On the other hand, the [MeasureToggle] measure doesn't even have to be disabled (this I think you've thought to, when you said "We canceled the MeasureToggle"). It is needed by the working skin, to cycle the shown information, so don't disable it.
xenium

Post by xenium »

balala wrote:Yeah, probably the UpdateRateSeconds=29 is quite low. With Update=60 (set up in the [Rainmeter] section), it means a connection to the site, each less than 2 seconds (29 x 60 = 1740 milliseconds = 1.74 seconds < 2 seconds). Setting this variable to 10000, means one update (connection) each 10 minutes (60 x 10000 = 600000 milliseconds = 600 seconds = 10 minutes). This is a reasonable interval, use it boldly.
On the other hand, the [MeasureToggle] measure doesn't even have to be disabled (this I think you've thought to, when you said "We canceled the MeasureToggle"). It is needed by the working skin, to cycle the shown information, so don't disable it.
I think we've solved the problem.
I removed updatedivider , i went back to updaterate = 10000 and I changed the formula for MeasureToggle with:

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%S

[MeasureToggle]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureTime
IfCondition=MeasureTime < 20
IfTrueAction=[!HideMeterGroup Parameters][!ShowMeterGroup Conditions][!HideMeterGroup Tomorrow]
IfCondition2=(MeasureTime >= 20) && (MeasureTime <= 40)
IfTrueAction2=[!ShowMeterGroup Parameters][!HideMeterGroup Conditions][!HideMeterGroup Tomorrow]
IfCondition3=MeasureTime > 40
IfTrueAction3=[!HideMeterGroup Conditions][!HideMeterGroup Parameters][!ShowMeterGroup Tomorrow]
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

xenium wrote:I think we've solved the problem.
I removed updatedivider , i went back to updaterate = 10000 and I changed the formula for MeasureToggle with:
Very good solution :thumbup: , just one minor thing: the [MeasureToggle] measure isn't needed. The IfConditions can be added directly to the [MeasureTime] measure. Usually is a good idea to not increase the number of measures, especially if they aren't needed. And probably [MeasureToggle] isn't.
One more: when you post code, please use the tags, available through the Code button.
xenium

Post by xenium »

balala wrote:Very good solution :thumbup: , just one minor thing: the [MeasureToggle] measure isn't needed. The IfConditions can be added directly to the [MeasureTime] measure. Usually is a good idea to not increase the number of measures, especially if they aren't needed. And probably [MeasureToggle] isn't.
One more: when you post code, please use the tags, available through the Code button.
Thank you for your specifications :welcome: