It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:06 pm

Help converting illustro Network Skin from B/s to Mbps or Is there a better Network Meter Skin to use?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Riseup44

Re: Help converting illustro Network Skin from B/s to Mbps or Is there a better Network Meter Skin to use?

Post by Riseup44 »

If so, can you show me where it or ( AutoScale=1 ) would go exactly since I cant tell from where you were directing me toward in the last few messages..I need it in lay mans terms please.. whatever it is I am supposed to be adding if you could like literally show me how to to make it so it shows my Upload & Download in Mbps rather than the B/s or KB/s it keeps flashing too now? Once again thanks for your help and time.
Riseup44

Re: Help converting illustro Network Skin from B/s to Mbps or Is there a better Network Meter Skin to use?

Post by Riseup44 »

SilverAzide wrote:Add UseBits=1 to the Net measures so the values will bit in bits/sec instead of bytes/sec.

Code: Select all

[measureNetIn]
Measure=NetIn
UseBits=1
NetInSpeed=#maxDownload#
; NetInSpeed must be set so your maximun download speed for the download bar to scale correctly

[measureNetOut]
Measure=NetOut
UseBits=1
NetOutSpeed=#maxUpload#
The skin autoscales values, so if your speeds are in the millions, it will show Mbps. You will need to change the maxUpload and maxDownload variables to bits/sec. You may want to change the display meters to use Text=%1b/s instead.

Thank you to both of you for taking time out of your day to try and help me figure this out. I tried to understand what the both of you were saying to do and it changed the way the readings came out by showing instead of the Base B/s for both Upload and Download to flashing between Kbs and B/s and the numbers were still nothing like what I was hoping they would show which is just showing the Mbps for both upload and download.

If anyone can show me where exactly to start in the code and I could just copy and paste something in that one of you that are really great at this could come up with I could gladly do so.. Going with what was said and shown earlier I was starting at the line of the code where it says
[measureNetOut] and I added in what was posted but like i said it flashed between Kb and B/s but i was looking for Mbps. Maybe I am not reading things correctly or just not understanding all of this but if there is anyone who has the patience to try and help me figure this out it will be very much appreciated. You all rock, thanks for your time.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Riseup44 wrote:If anyone can show me where exactly to start in the code and I could just copy and paste something in that one of you that are really great at this could come up with I could gladly do so.. Going with what was said and shown earlier I was starting at the line of the code where it says
[measureNetOut] and I added in what was posted but like i said it flashed between Kb and B/s but i was looking for Mbps. Maybe I am not reading things correctly or just not understanding all of this but if there is anyone who has the patience to try and help me figure this out it will be very much appreciated. You all rock, thanks for your time.
OK, I think you are misunderstanding what you are seeing, but you are getting close. If you made the change exactly as I posted, then you WILL see the numbers flashing and bouncing around. This is because this skin is "auto-scaling" the network speeds you are seeing. That means if your speed is 100 kbps, it will show that, if it is 10 Mbps, then it will show that. From your posting, it appears you want it to show megabits/sec all the time. So if your speed is 100 kbps, you want it to say 0.1 Mbps, right? The skin does not do that now, so you will need to make more changes.

If this is the case, you will want to turn the AutoScale feature OFF. You will next need create two "Calc" measures to calculate the network up/down speeds in Mbps. The result of these calculations will be what you will display.

Add the following Calc measures. You can add them below the existing [measureNetIn] and [measureNetOut] measures:

[calcNetIn]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(measureNetIn / 1048576)

[calcNetOut]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(measureNetOut / 1048576)
Find and change the two existing display meters that show the network in/out values, as follows:

[meterUploadValue]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=styleRightText
MeasureName=calcNetOut
X=200
Y=0r
W=190
H=14
Text=%1 Mbps
NumOfDecimals=1
AutoScale=0

[meterDownloadValue]
Meter=String
MeasureName=calcNetIn
X=200
Y=0r
W=190
H=14
Text=%1 Mbps
NumOfDecimals=1
AutoScale=0

Once you've made the additions and changes, you should see your network speeds displayed at a constant rate of megabits per second. I did not test the code above, so it may need adjustments.

Check out these skins if you want another suite to check out, but this suite does not display fixed up/down rates either.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Riseup44

Post by Riseup44 »

SilverAzide wrote:OK, I think you are misunderstanding what you are seeing, but you are getting close. If you made the change exactly as I posted, then you WILL see the numbers flashing and bouncing around. This is because this skin is "auto-scaling" the network speeds you are seeing. That means if your speed is 100 kbps, it will show that, if it is 10 Mbps, then it will show that. From your posting, it appears you want it to show megabits/sec all the time. So if your speed is 100 kbps, you want it to say 0.1 Mbps, right? The skin does not do that now, so you will need to make more changes.

If this is the case, you will want to turn the AutoScale feature OFF. You will next need create two "Calc" measures to calculate the network up/down speeds in Mbps. The result of these calculations will be what you will display.

Add the following Calc measures.  You can add them below the existing [measureNetIn] and [measureNetOut] measures:
[code][calcNetIn]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(measureNetIn / 1048576)

[calcNetOut]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(measureNetOut / 1048576)
Find and change the two existing display meters that show the network in/out values, as follows:

[meterUploadValue]
Meter=String
MeasureName=calcNetOut
X=200
Y=0r
W=190
H=14
Text=%1 Mbps
NumOfDecimals=1
AutoScale=0

[meterDownloadValue]
Meter=String
MeasureName=calcNetIn
X=200
Y=0r
W=190
H=14
Text=%1 Mbps
NumOfDecimals=1
AutoScale=0
[/code]
Once you've made the additions and changes, you should see your network speeds displayed at a constant rate of megabits per second. I did not test the code above, so it may need adjustments.

Check out these skins if you want another suite to check out, but this suite does not display fixed up/down rates either.

You rock dude, I did exactly that and got the exact result you said I would so thank you for your time and effort it is exactly what I was asking for.

Cheers, J
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Riseup44 wrote:If so, can you show me where it or ( AutoScale=1 ) would go exactly since I cant tell from where you were directing me toward in the last few messages..I need it in lay mans terms please.. whatever it is I am supposed to be adding if you could like literally show me how to to make it so it shows my Upload & Download in Mbps rather than the B/s or KB/s it keeps flashing too now? Once again thanks for your help and time.
Beside SilverAzide's reply, I'd add that the AutoScale=X option (where X can be either 0, either 1, 1k, 2, or 2k) have to be added to a String meter. A this kind of section has a name, then a Meter=String option (this option determines that section is a String Meter). But both String meters of the original code ([meterUploadValue] and [meterDownloadValue]) which needed it, had this option set. That's why I said in my first reply that the values are already scaled and I think you should have to get the shown values in the appropriate unit (B/s, KB/s or MB/s).