It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:25 am

An url on the desktop

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: An url on the desktop

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote:The user account s0ulslack has been deleted at his request. I would have likely banned him in any case. There is no need, and no tolerance, for the kinds of flame-wars so often seen on technical forums, in our community.
I'm sorry if my reply was a bit exaggerated, too.
PhiliP190

Post by PhiliP190 »

balala wrote:I'm glad you succeeded to update the code to make it to work as needed, but there can be a problem if the number of the frames is changing from an animation to the other. Does it?
Yes it does. If you don't set the correct number of frames that there are in the animation it will pause to the last frame if you set a too big number for as many times as you overset the number in question and i suppose you will loose as many frames as you underset the correct numbers of frames that there are in the animation but i did not test this second hypothesis (hoope its clear because english is not my native language...)
balala wrote:It is. Add the desired width and height to the [MeterAnimLoop] Image meter, as W and H options. For example:

Code: Select all

[MeterAnimLoop]
W=240
H=180
Along with these two options you can also add a PreserveAspectRatio=1 option to the same Image meter. This option ensures that if any of the animation will have a different aspect ration, it won't be distorted.
Thank you very much for your help. It works :17drums

One last question i imagine... I cannot stick the frame at the very near of the border of the display for this meter where for others meters it is possible.

How to for that meter, please ?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

PhiliP190 wrote:(hoope its clear because english is not my native language and .. :17readbook voilà :).)
Yep, it is clear. Don't worry, nor my native language isn't English.
But the problem is that it is very hard to find a good solution to this problem. I have no idea right now how we could make the skin to know how many frames did extract the Gif2Frames.exe tool. Especially that if the number of currently extracted frames is less then the number of previously existing frames, how the hell can know the skin that there are some frames that was previously existing and now they are not needed any more. Will have to make experiments and testing the code. This probably will take more time, but I'll try to to figure out something. If I'll succeed, I'll come back immediately with a reply. Until then, stay tuned...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

PhiliP190 wrote:I cannot stick the frame at the very near of the border of the display for this meter where for others meters it is possible.
Sorry, probably here is my fault, but I didn't understand what you mean. Could you please explain?
PhiliP190

Post by PhiliP190 »

I think i've found the solution for my last question.

a correct aspect ratio downsizing size of the image and i can set the meter near the border of my display. Everthing's right now. :17good

More explanation : I wasn't able to do what you see :

Last edited by PhiliP190 on June 12th, 2018, 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

PhiliP190 wrote:a correct aspect ratio downsizing size of the image and i can set the meter near the border of my display. Everthing's right now. :17good
Great, I'm glad in this case.
Still looking for a solution on the question of the frame numbers. No succes yet...
PhiliP190

Post by PhiliP190 »

balala wrote:Great, I'm glad in this case.
Still looking for a solution on the question of the frame numbers. No succes yet...

I noticed that the program is still charging 8 frames in the download folder but doesn't use the 3 lasts that are 3 copies of the 5th.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

PhiliP190 wrote:but doesn't use the 3 lasts that are 3 copies of the 5th.
This because:
PhiliP190 wrote:So i replaced 8 by 5 in this line of code : Formula=(MeasureAnimLoop % 5) + 1
This means that even if there are 8 frames, the [MeasureAnimLoop] measure counts up to 4 (this means 5 frames, from 0 to 4), so the last frames aren't taken into account.
PhiliP190

Post by PhiliP190 »

balala wrote:This because:

This means that even if there are 8 frames, the [MeasureAnimLoop] measure counts up to 4 (this means 5 frames, from 0 to 4), so the last frames aren't taken into account.
My URL only shows 5 differents frames where the original's poster one shows 8.

If i purge the downloadfolder it stillcharges 8 frames.The 3 lasts are the same than the 5th one.

But why are there 8 images in the dowload folder if the code only states 5 ?

Could it be because the compiler of the gif2frames.exe file did it corresponding to he's need (his url that is showing 8 frames) ??
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

PhiliP190 wrote:But why are there 8 images in the dowload folder if the code only states 5 ?

Could it be because the compiler of the gif2frames.exe file did it corresponding to he's need (his url that is showing 8 frames) ??
Not sure yet. Will have to take a closer look. But just tomorrow, because here the midnight is coming...