It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:21 pm

An url on the desktop

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
PhiliP190

Re: An url on the desktop

Post by PhiliP190 »

balala wrote:Not sure yet. Will have to take a closer look. But just tomorrow, because here the midnight is coming...
Good night and thanks again sincerely for all your help. see you...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

PhiliP190 wrote:My URL only shows 5 different frames where the original's poster one shows 8.

If i purge the downloadfolder it stillcharges 8 frames.The 3 lasts are the same than the 5th one.

But why are there 8 images in the dowload folder if the code only states 5 ?

Could it be because the compiler of the gif2frames.exe file did it corresponding to he's need (his url that is showing 8 frames) ??
There are 8 frames in the downloaded GIF image. The GIF2Frames.exe will extract as many frames as the GIF contains even if you code only uses 5 of them; the two are not related, the code does not control the extraction of frames from the GIF, only the number of frames used to display.

If you look at that GIF image in your browser, you will see it shows 5 changing images, then appears to pause on the fifth image for a short time before repeating the first 5 frames. Those extra images are actually being displayed to give that short pause before repeating the animated first 5 images.

I would change the [MeasureAnimLoop] section to count to 8 ; Formula=(( MeasureAnimLoop % 8 ) + 1 ).
I would also reduce the Update value in the [Rainmeter] section from 1000 to 500; this will give you an animation speed very close to the original GIF (with a slight pause between the animation).

Hope this explains what you are seeing in the Download folder; you will see the original GIF image, GIF2Frames.exe, and the number of PNG images found in the GIF image.
PhiliP190

Post by PhiliP190 »

eclectic-tech wrote:There are 8 frames in the downloaded GIF image. The GIF2Frames.exe will extract as many frames as the GIF contains even if you code only uses 5 of them; the two are not related, the code does not control the extraction of frames from the GIF, only the number of frames used to display.

If you look at that GIF image in your browser, you will see it shows 5 changing images, then appears to pause on the fifth image for a short time before repeating the first 5 frames. Those extra images are actually being displayed to give that short pause before repeating the animated first 5 images.

I would change the [MeasureAnimLoop] section to count to 8 ; Formula=(( MeasureAnimLoop % 8 ) + 1 ).
I would also reduce the Update value in the [Rainmeter] section from 1000 to 500; this will give you an animation speed very close to the original GIF (with a slight pause between the animation).

Hope this explains what you are seeing in the Download folder; you will see the original GIF image, GIF2Frames.exe, and the number of PNG images found in the GIF image.
That is a perfect explanation. That was under my eyes and therefore i wasn't seeing it.

I reduced the update value and made one more frame pause as suggested to be closer to the original animation.

Thank you very much eclectic-tech. :17good
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Glad to step in while balala gets some rest ;-)
PhiliP190

Post by PhiliP190 »

I thank him too. :17drums

Do you know if there is a way to have the same thing on a Android Terminal ?
Last edited by PhiliP190 on June 13th, 2018, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

PhiliP190 wrote:I thank him too. :17drums

Do you know if there is a way to have the same thing on a Android Terminal ?
Not using Rainmeter. :uhuh:
Rainmeter will run on Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 and Platform Update required) and above.

Additional posts regarding Rainmeter & Android
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:Glad to step in while balala gets some rest ;-)
I got it, thanks. Back to work (with Rainmeter)...
PhiliP190 wrote:I thank him too. :17drums
I'm always glad when I can help.
PhiliP190

Post by PhiliP190 »

I cannot set more than a single character for the number in the formula for the number of frames.

If i set more (for exemple 19) there are issues even if the url get 19 frames.

Formula=((MeasureAnimLoop % 9) + 1) is ok but doen't display the all sequence

Formula=((MeasureAnimLoop % 19) + 1) doesn't work (blank over 8 frames during 11 "times").

For exemple with this URL : http://gif.keraunos.org//pluie.gif

that got 19 frames.

How to please ?
Last edited by PhiliP190 on June 14th, 2018, 7:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
PhiliP190

Post by PhiliP190 »

to be deleted, please as i don't see a way to do it myself. sorry, i wasn't familiar with Image
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

PhiliP190 wrote:I cannot set more than a single character for the number in the formula for the number of frames.

If i set more (for exemple 19) there are issues even if the url get 19 frames.

Formula=((MeasureAnimLoop % 9) + 1) is ok but doen't display the all sequence

Formula=((MeasureAnimLoop % 19) + 1) doesn't work (blank over 8 frames during 11 "times").
Add the following two options to the [MeasureAnimLoop] measure:

Code: Select all

RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^(\d{1})$":"0\1"
and remove one zero from the ImageName, set up by the !SetOption bang in the FinishAction option of the [MeasureExtract] measure (so replace this: FinishAction=[!SetOption MeterAnimLoop ImageName "current000[color=#FF0000]0[/color][*MeasureAnimLoop*].png"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureAnimLoop"] with FinishAction=[!SetOption MeterAnimLoop ImageName "current000[*MeasureAnimLoop*].png"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureAnimLoop"]).
The problem is that so far, the [MeasureAnimLoop] measure returned one single digit. If you make it to count up to 18, while its value is below 10, it returns one digit, above, two digits. But in this last case, the number of the zeros in the name of the image is too large, one of them should have to be removed. So for smaller values then 10, the name is ok, for larger ones, one zero should have to be removed.
If you remove completely one zero (as I said to do), we should have to add a zero in front of the value, while this value is smaller then 10. This is what the above Substitute option does.