It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:05 pm

Position won't save

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Veenix

Position won't save

Post by Veenix »

So I am using a skin named HUD/Reactor.
I want it to stay on my desktop behind another little skin.
The problem however is that the skin always resets its position to bottom instead of dekstop.
I tried everything! Looked into the ini files, restarting pc, restarting rainmeter, starting rainmeter as administrator...
Anyone got a solution?
It's so annoying that it keeps doing this whenever the skin gets refreshed or my pc rebooted :/

Thanks a lot already!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Position won't save

Post by balala »

Veenix wrote:I want it to stay on my desktop behind another little skin.
The problem however is that the skin always resets its position to bottom instead of dekstop.
Right click the skin you want to place behind the other one, go to Settings -> Position and click either "Bottom", or "On desktop". This way this skin will be placed behind the other one, assuming that the position of this one is set to "Normal" (you can check or change this in the same way).
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

If both skins are set to "On desktop", you can control which is in front with the LoadOrder setting in Manage.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/settings/skin-sections/#LoadOrder

I would recommend always setting skins to "On desktop", as this is the likely behavior you want. Then use LoadOrder if you have overlapping skins and want to control which will be in front, and which in the back. I would only set skins to "Normal" if you want to take advantage of the fact that then you can have overlapping skins and move them back and forth in front of each other by clicking on them, or if you want skins to come in front of other application windows when you click on them.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Look at AlwaysOnTop (Z-Position) and LoadOrder (for skins with the same Z-Position), in Rainmeter.ini sections of those skins, to control how they are displayed. :17readbook

Also, make sure SavePosition is set to 1 (default is 1 if it is not stated in Rainmeter.ini). :welcome: