It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:51 pm

Custom Skins doesn't work with layout

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
EB_Troller

Custom Skins doesn't work with layout

Post by EB_Troller »

So i created a few skins, they are all ImageLaunch skins, so when i click on them they will open a certain software on my computer, but whenever i start up my computer, it wont load in, even if rain meter is opened upon start up, the skin still wont load in. I saved it for a layout, i assume that if u want to save skins as a layout u just load all the skins u want on ur screen and go to save it as a layout right? Thats what i did and after i finish saving it i click load, all the skins that are on my screen disappears, and if i click it again, nothing comes up. Can someone tell me how to have those skins loaded upon computer start up? or at least saving it as a layout that will actually come up? is it the problem of my skins? skins i found on the internet works with layout, apparently mine does not ......
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Custom Skins doesn't work with layout

Post by balala »

EB_Troller wrote:whenever i start up my computer, it wont load in, even if rain meter is opened upon start up, the skin still wont load in. I saved it for a layout
By default when launched, Rainmeter loads the skins loaded when shutdown the computer. No need to use a layout for this. Rainmeter "remembers" the loaded skins. Doesn't it for you?
EB_Troller wrote:i assume that if u want to save skins as a layout u just load all the skins u want on ur screen and go to save it as a layout right?
Right. I usually check the "Exclude unloaded skins" checkbox, but from your point of view this has not too much importance.
EB_Troller

Post by EB_Troller »

balala wrote:By default when launched, Rainmeter loads the skins loaded when shutdown the computer. No need to use a layout for this. Rainmeter "remembers" the loaded skins. Doesn't it for you?

Right. I usually check the "Exclude unloaded skins" checkbox, but from your point of view this has not too much importance.
im pretty new to this website, if i didnt reply this in a correct way pls forgive me XD. Yah so i loaded all the skins i want and shutdown my computer, but when i start it up it doesnt load those skins, altho rainmeter, the program itself is on. I tried saving a layout many times, with checking the "Exclude unloaded skins", and unchecked, doesnt work. i dont know if its the problem of my skins, because i wrote them based on things i learn on the internet, i didnt download them...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Make sure you have full control (write access) to your C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter folder and subfolders. A simple way to check is to try to create a file there. If you don't have full control, your layouts may not be getting saved. To change your access, right click the folder, select Properties, select the Security tab, click Advanced, then make sure your user account has full control that folder, subfolders, and files.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

EB_Troller wrote:im pretty new to this website, if i didnt reply this in a correct way pls forgive me XD. Yah so i loaded all the skins i want and shutdown my computer, but when i start it up it doesnt load those skins, altho rainmeter, the program itself is on. I tried saving a layout many times, with checking the "Exclude unloaded skins", and unchecked, doesnt work. i dont know if its the problem of my skins, because i wrote them based on things i learn on the internet, i didnt download them...
Doesn't matter too much how those skins was written, if once they can be loaded, at restart of the computer they should have to be loaded as well.
But take a look at SilverAzide's reply above. Check what he have described.
EB_Troller

Post by EB_Troller »

SilverAzide wrote:Make sure you have full control (write access) to your C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter folder and subfolders. A simple way to check is to try to create a file there. If you don't have full control, your layouts may not be getting saved. To change your access, right click the folder, select Properties, select the Security tab, click Advanced, then make sure your user account has full control that folder, subfolders, and files.
Yes it has full control, i checked, still it didnt work.. however i downloaded a skin from the internet yesterday, i opened it before i close my computer, and today i started it up, that skin was there, but mine wasnt
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

EB_Troller wrote:Yes it has full control, i checked, still it didnt work.. however i downloaded a skin from the internet yesterday, i opened it before i close my computer, and today i started it up, that skin was there, but mine wasnt
Please post the code for your skin(s) that are not showing when Rainmeter starts; I suspect you have a command that is either hiding or not loading the skin(s) due to some preset conditions. :???:

EDIT: It would also help to see the details about Rainmeter on your system:
From the Manage window, click 'Open log', then click the 'Version' tab, then click 'Copy to clipboard', and paste that information in your post along with the skin code...
EB_Troller

Post by EB_Troller »

eclectic-tech wrote:Please post the code for your skin(s) that are not showing when Rainmeter starts; I suspect you have a command that is either hiding or not loading the skin(s) due to some preset conditions. :???:

EDIT: It would also help to see the details about Rainmeter on your system:
From the Manage window, click 'Open log', then click the 'Version' tab, then click 'Copy to clipboard', and paste that information in your post along with the skin code...
Here is my skin code, a simple image launching skin:

Update=1000
AccurateText=1

[ImageLaunch]
Meter=Image
W=90
H=90
x=310
y=257
ImageName=#@#Images\steamlauncher.png
LeftMouseUpAction=["F:\STEAM\Steam.exe"][play "F:\音乐\Click Sound Effect\clicksoundeffect.wav"]

4.2.0 beta r3074 64-bit (Jun 1 2018) - English (1033)
Windows 10 Education 1803 64-bit (build 17134) - Chinese (Simplified) (2052)
Path: C:\Users\VULCAN\雨滴桌面\
SkinPath: C:\Users\VULCAN\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
SettingsPath: C:\Users\VULCAN\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\VULCAN\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini

[ sorry for a few chinese words in there, the language of my computer is in chinese hope you dont mind, 2 of them just meant music, and rainmeter :) ]
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

EB_Troller wrote:Here is my skin code, a simple image launching skin:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1

[ImageLaunch]
Meter=Image
W=90
H=90
x=310
y=257
ImageName=#@#Images\steamlauncher.png
LeftMouseUpAction=["F:\STEAM\Steam.exe"][play "F:\音乐\Click Sound Effect\clicksoundeffect.wav"]
Path: C:\Users\VULCAN\雨滴桌面\

[ sorry for a few chinese words in there, the language of my computer is in chinese hope you dont mind, 2 of them just meant music, and rainmeter :) ]
I corrected your code by adding the missing [Rainmeter] section header. Other than that, I see nothing wrong with the code.

But your installation path folders (highlighted in red above) are not standard or portable, but a mixture of the 2 types of installations; that may be why your skins are not re-loading. :17denial

The current installation could be problematic because it is a mixture of a portable and standard installations.

In portable mode, all files are in the same folder, but you have the skins in the standard installation folder location, but the program is in a portable folder location (Not "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\").

I would recommend re-installing Rainmeter and using the default path used by the installer; the default standard installation location is "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\".

A full standard install will place Rainmeter files in the correct standard folder, will not erase any skins you created or installed, and should get everything working.

Let us know if you are still having problems after doing a Standard install... :welcome:
EB_Troller

Post by EB_Troller »

eclectic-tech wrote:I corrected your code by adding the missing [Rainmeter] section header. Other than that, I see nothing wrong with the code.

But your installation path folders (highlighted in red above) are not standard or portable, but a mixture of the 2 types of installations; that may be why your skins are not re-loading. :17denial

The current installation could be problematic because it is a mixture of a portable and standard installations.

In portable mode, all files are in the same folder, but you have the skins in the standard installation folder location, but the program is in a portable folder location (Not "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\").

I would recommend re-installing Rainmeter and using the default path used by the installer; the default standard installation location is "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\".

A full standard install will place Rainmeter files in the correct standard folder, will not erase any skins you created or installed, and should get everything working.

Let us know if you are still having problems after doing a Standard install... :welcome:
:( still the same, this is my version now:
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\

i reinstalled it, but it still doesnt work, the skin that i downloaded from the internet works upon start up, if i close rainmeter, and reopen it, it will load in, except for my own skins.... i dont know why, but is probably my own skins problem... should i try uninstall rainmeter fully, erase everything, but maybe pack my own skin, and after reinstalling rainmeter, install the skin?