It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:23 pm

Change skin/visualizer depending on wallpaper

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Katze

Change skin/visualizer depending on wallpaper

Post by Katze »

Hello! I'm new in the forum and, in general, using rainmeter. This is the first time I post and I was wondering if it's possible to change the settings of a visualizer (such as position, orientation, width, height and color) depending of the current background/wallpaper I have. I'll explain myself:
Currently I use w7 with a slideshow as background; there are 4 pictures completely different that change every 3 minutes. I want to use a visualizer, but I need it to change along the slideshow, adapting itself, at the same time. I'll use layers too, but I want those to change in the same way (there will be different layers for each wallpaper) in the same time.

It is possible? It can be applied to other widgets?
I'm a newbie in coding too, but certainly I can understand part of it, so i'll be glad if an explanation/commentary is added along the code, thank you for your help!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Change skin/visualizer depending on wallpaper

Post by eclectic-tech »

Katze wrote:Hello! I'm new in the forum and, in general, using rainmeter. This is the first time I post and I was wondering if it's possible to change the settings of a visualizer (such as position, orientation, width, height and color) depending of the current background/wallpaper I have. I'll explain myself:
Currently I use w7 with a slideshow as background; there are 4 pictures completely different that change every 3 minutes. I want to use a visualizer, but I need it to change along the slideshow, adapting itself, at the same time. I'll use layers too, but I want those to change in the same way (there will be different layers for each wallpaper) in the same time.

It is possible? It can be applied to other widgets?
I'm a newbie in coding too, but certainly I can understand part of it, so i'll be glad if an explanation/commentary is added along the code, thank you for your help!
At least most of this is possible.

First you need a way to detect when the wallpaper changes, you could use a Registry measure or a plugin by prince1142003. Depending on your setup one may be better than the other for your use.

You will want to add an OnChangeAction to the Registry measure, or to the [mWallpaper] section of the the sample plugin skin by prince1142003, to take any action(s) you want when the wallpaper changes; unload one visualizer, load another visualizer, change colors, etc.

Links to details on loading and unloading skins:
ActivateConfig
DeactivateConfig

This should get you started. Feel free to ask if you need more details. :welcome: