It is currently April 20th, 2024, 9:43 am

using a mask with a dynamically moving image "under" the mask

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Re: using a mask with a dynamically moving image "under" the mask

Post by Mor3bane »

It is hard to post *everything* unless you feel like going through 1732 lines of code. This is just a tiny part of a 1920x1080 window-sized skin. Everything is integrated. SO, I hope whats below is enough.

Incidentally, I have nearly achieved everything, and the below code represents a fairly good working example.

My issue now is I need to right justify the text according to the adjusting graphic Mesh11.png (attached).

It should be clear, when testing the below, that the attached png is being manipulated in such a way that it would appear to be moving to the right, exposing more of the black mesh area - which when only 1 character is put in for the text output represents a nearly round area of mesh.
Fine tuning will be necessary but like I said my main thing now is dynamically adjusting the text to appear to justify with the right edge of the dark mesh graphic.

Code: Select all

[MeasureCompName]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SysInfo
SysInfoType=COMPUTER_NAME
UpdateDivider=-1

[Mesh11Origin]
Meter=Image
ImageName=
X=1603
Y=557

[Mesh11CompName]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCompName
StringAlign=Right
FontColor=#ColorZ#
FontSize=13
FontFace=The Black Veil Pro
StringEffect=Border
FontEffectColor=000,000,000,255
InlineSetting=Case | Proper
x=128r
y=25r
Text=a
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
LeftMouseDownAction=["Shell:::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"]
DynamicVariables=1

[Mesh11CalcCropX]
Measure=Calc
Formula=clamp((109-[Mesh11CompName:W]), 1, 109)
DynamicVariables=1

[Mesh11Mask]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Mesh11.png
ImageCrop=[Mesh11CalcCropX], 0, 232, 156, 1
X=1686
Y=556
W=232
H=156
DynamicVariables=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.