It is currently April 20th, 2024, 4:23 pm

Test for empty String - possible? [solved]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Test for empty String - possible? [solved]

Post by Mor3bane »

Hi I have looked up a couple options from previous posts, but none of them seem to be working.

I am trying to test like this :

Code: Select all

[MeasureDiskF]
Measure=FreeDiskSpace
IgnoreRemoveable=0
Drive=F:
Label=1
IfMatch=" "
IfMatchAction=[!SetOption DriveTextF Text "CD#CRLF#Drive"]
IfNotMatchAction=[!SetOption DriveTextF Text "Value" "%1"]
DynamicVariables=1
Is this a possibility for the FreeDiskSpace type Measures?

Thanks,
Last edited by Mor3bane on May 31st, 2018, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Test for empty String - possible?

Post by balala »

Try this: IfMatch=^$.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

wow. Thanks balala. I recognise the symbols: ^ is the start of a string, and $ is the end. So with nothing between them, the test for empty string is crystal clear.

With I'd thought of that.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote:^ is the start of a string, and $ is the end. So with nothing between them, the test for empty string is crystal clear.
Exactly. That's right.