It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:38 pm

Unfold with Tranparent BG

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
En3S

Unfold with Tranparent BG

Post by En3S »

Hey guys. Right now i am using unfold for my icons.
Rightnow it looks like that. Image. The icons normally have a white background but i want them to be Transparent. Here with this Bavkground, i just can color the unfold Images in one color. But when i get a background with more colors, i cant use that method. I tried to just make the icons with transparent background but this does not work because when you hover over them, they start to bug around because they are just unfolding when u hit the icon itself.
Can i somehow give them an transparent background in the code?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Unfold with Tranparent BG

Post by balala »

En3S wrote:Can i somehow give them an transparent background in the code?
Yep, you can, adding the following option: SolidColor=0,0,0,1.
The magic here is the last 1, which means the transparency of the background is 1 from 255. This is practically invisible (transparent), but the meter (or skin) reacts to mouse hovering.
En3S

Post by En3S »

balala wrote:Yep, you can, adding the following option: SolidColor=0,0,0,1.
The magic here is the last 1, which means the transparency of the background is 1 from 255. This is practically invisible (transparent), but the meter (or skin) reacts to mouse hovering.
I love u man. Thanks for the fast answer. :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

You're welcome, if I did help.
TheRealEboy

Post by TheRealEboy »

Where and how exactly would you put the "SolidColor=0,0,0,1" code into the notepad file?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

TheRealEboy wrote:Where and how exactly would you put the "SolidColor=0,0,0,1" code into the notepad file?
Open the file into your text editor, identify the [Rainmeter] section and add below it, along with a BackgroundMode=2 option:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
If in the [Rainmeter] section are some other options too, don't remove or change any of them. Just add these new ones.
TheRealEboy

Post by TheRealEboy »

I was unable to get the code to work but when I went into Photoshop I used the Color Range tool to select all of the black background and then deleted it. I created a new layer while still having the same selection and filled in with a white background and turned the opacity down to 1%. Similar to the code it doesn't make the entire background transparent but it's so minuscule you can barely tell.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

TheRealEboy wrote:I was unable to get the code to work
What didn't work? The SolidColor=0,0,0,1 option added to the [Rainmeter] section creates an almost transparent background (I suppose if you're using Photoshop, you know what the last 1 in the above color code means). For a more visible background, increase the last value. For example SolidColor=0,0,0,100 gives an already visible background.
roughhewnends

Post by roughhewnends »

balala wrote:Open the file into your text editor, identify the [Rainmeter] section and add below it, along with a BackgroundMode=2 option:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
If in the [Rainmeter] section are some other options too, don't remove or change any of them. Just add these new ones.
This worked for me. I put the code right under the Update=1000 or whatever it said. Thanks!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

roughhewnends wrote:This worked for me. I put the code right under the Update=1000 or whatever it said. Thanks!
In fact doesn't matter too much where under the [Rainmeter] section do you put it, immediately after the Update or before it or anywhere else (if you have more options in this section). Important is to be in the [Rainmeter] section.