It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:27 pm

Create my own circle skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
RoLv3r

Create my own circle skin

Post by RoLv3r »

Hello all,

I discover Rainmeter few days ago and I really love the work we could do with it. So, in my head, I prepare a skin with some options. I share you my prototype : I would add one application/ one information by segment. But, I'm new on Rainmeter and I find nowhere a "dictionary" for his language syntax. So, I ask you to help me to create with me my skin, or help me with some coding, like "circle background", how cut circle, add a light effect when we pass over one segment, etc.

Sorry for my possible errors in english.

And thanks you for your potential helping.

RoLv3r
Attachments
Projet Rainmeter.png
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Create my own circle skin

Post by jsmorley »

While I wouldn't want to try and do this myself, due to the complex math involved, I think the only way to do this is with a pretty complicated series of Shape meters, that define and draw each of the "segments" in such a way that they give the appearance of a unified whole, while allowing mouse over effects and clicks to react to each segment separately.

Every "segment" that you want to react uniquely to the mouse would need to be a separate Shape meter.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/shape/

That's about as much help as I can give at this point.
RoLv3r

Post by RoLv3r »

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I supposed that's a difficult skin for a new user of Rainmeter, indeed, I may have the bar a little high. I go try with the link you share me and I come back to you if I advance, or if I find some difficulties on my project.

Have a nice day :)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

RoLv3r wrote:Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I supposed that's a difficult skin for a new user of Rainmeter, indeed, I may have the bar a little high. I go try with the link you share me and I come back to you if I advance, or if I find some difficulties on my project.

Have a nice day :)
This is absolutely "doable", but the somewhat complex math to draw each "arc" or "curve" with the right shape, and positioned correctly, is a bit daunting.

I suppose it might be possible to just create one Shape meter with the correct curve, and then just duplicate that many times, while using X, Y and Rotate to just "position" the individual shapes in the context of the whole.

Not a trivial project in any case.
RoLv3r

Post by RoLv3r »

Yes, that's what I mean.. How explain.. Create a circle, and cut him in x parts. I have 15 parts on my third circle in my schema, then I supposed I could cut him in 15 parts, each with 24°rad ? Do you have an idea to do that ? With a simple command ? Or I need to create special something ? I'm little lost, sorry...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

RoLv3r wrote:Yes, that's what I mean.. How explain.. Create a circle, and cut him in x parts. I have 15 parts on my third circle in my schema, then I supposed I could cut him in 15 parts, each with 24°rad ? Do you have an idea to do that ? With a simple command ? Or I need to create special something ? I'm little lost, sorry...
You would not be able to draw one circle and "cut" it into individual parts, you would have to draw the parts in separate Shape meters, and position and rotate them to fit together into a circle.
RoLv3r

Post by RoLv3r »

That's what I feared... The problem is : how drow forms like I did in my schema ? Isn't hard ?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

RoLv3r wrote:That's what I feared... The problem is : how drow forms like I did in my schema ? Isn't hard ?
Well beyond my capabilities I'm afraid. Someone else might be able to weigh in. I would think you would want to use Shape meters using Shape=Curve, with a large StrokeWidth to give the right thickness to the curved lines. Then you can use MouseOverAction / MouseLeaveAction and LeftMouseUpAction on the separate curved segments to allow changing colors and defining actions.
RoLv3r

Post by RoLv3r »

Yes I understand. I going to try the curve form then ! Thanks you so much for your advices ! :)
RoLv3r

Post by RoLv3r »

I'm sorry to back for this, But, how change the color of curve ? I tried somethings like variable and include #white#, try fontcolor, stroke color.. Nothing are good :/ Do you have an idea ? I need that for the next step !