It is currently April 16th, 2024, 4:36 pm

Create my own circle skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
RoLv3r

Re: Create my own circle skin

Post by RoLv3r »

That's a long answer, and with your example, I understand perfectly what you mean. But, I always need help from the color and about the curve :/ I know I tell you a lot, but without you I'm lost.. :(
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Well, I'll help where I can with the "logic" behind a lot of this, but I'm not going to be much help with the "curves", with all that Sin and Cosine and Bézier and Schrödinger's cat and who knows what. Just not my strong suit.
RoLv3r

Post by RoLv3r »

Oh ok, I understand, and I really thanks you for all your help. But, do you know how change the color of the white part of the ellipse ? :$
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

RoLv3r wrote:Oh ok, I understand, and I really thanks you for all your help. But, do you know how change the color of the white part of the ellipse ? :$

Code: Select all

[MeterShape]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Ellipse 104,104,100 | StrokeWidth 8 | Extend MyStrokeColor | Extend MyFillColor
MyStrokeColor=Stroke Color 255,0,0,255
MyFillColor=Fill Color 0,255,0,255
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I will caution that when you get to doing this with "curves" to create your separate "segments", you are not going to want to try to have a shape with an "inside" and a "stroke". To do that, you will need to use "Path" to literally draw all four sides of each segment, to create a shape that has an "interior", and that is going to add to the complexity of this exponentially.

What I would suggest is that each of the curved segments be just "curves", which have no interior, just a stroke, that is wide enough to be what you want.

Then any "border" you want to put around the parts of this can just be "ellipses", that are the size and shape of the entire thing, and have a solid stroke of some size and an invisible (Fill Color 0,0,0,0) "interior". the Ellipse(s) will need to be big enough so that when their stroke is applied they fit snugly on the "outside" of the Curve shapes. In this case they really are a "border"
RoLv3r

Post by RoLv3r »

That's so easy when it's you to did it.. Thanks, now I think I have some heys for exploid my skin :) Ifw, I could let my progess here ?
RoLv3r

Post by RoLv3r »

I have some difficulties to understand your last message... :(
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

RoLv3r wrote:I have some difficulties to understand your last message... :(
The key to what I'm saying is that a Curve shape has no "interior". It's just a curved line. It consists entirely of a stroke, and has nothing to "fill".
RoLv3r

Post by RoLv3r »

I understand that, but, we have some difficulties to create my form, I think that fill it will be the next step no ?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

RoLv3r wrote:I understand that, but, we have some difficulties to create my form, I think that fill it will be the next step no ?
My point is that with this shape:

Code: Select all

[MeterShape]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Curve 100,250,400,250,250,360,0 | StrokeWidth 8 | Extend MyStrokeColor
MyStrokeColor=Stroke Color 255,0,0,255
1.jpg
There is no "interior" to the shape. There is nothing to "fill", and Fill Color is ignored... It's a curved line. There is JUST the "stroke", which you can make any width and color you want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.