It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:43 am

Negative Coordinates Reload Issue

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Katsuro

Negative Coordinates Reload Issue

Post by Katsuro »

Essentially I currently only have two skins loaded. One is 'Fountain of Colors' which is just the visualizer for music. The second skin is just a simple image overlay that is a cutout of my wallpaper so it seems the equalizer is behind other content in my wallpaper. I will call this 'TopLayer' for reference sake.

I have three monitors and the middle monitor is my main monitor. Since the middle monitor is my main monitor I have to specify a negative coordinate number for these skins to position correctly.

Reloading the config seems to mess things up but only for the 'TopLayer' skin. It seems to forget the coordinates and positioning even though they are correct within the Rainmeter.ini file.

Here is my Rainmeter.ini file.
https://pastebin.com/A2WWnZpM

Here is my TopLayer.ini file.
https://pastebin.com/VFR6nJce

When I reload the configuration the Rainmeter.ini file is still correct and has the -1920 set still. But when I look at the coordinates in the Rainmeter program it shows 0. I also attempt to specify a negative number in the interface to correct it but it just ignores it. I have a feeling this has something to do with it? Seems like the interface ignores the negative number input even though dragging the image to the correct window will force it to work. Then I guess the interface settings window taking some sort of priority over the Rainmeter.ini file?

But the thing that makes everything weird is that the 'Fountain of Colors' has a negative value for coordinates but it seems to remember it just fine after a reload so I'm thinking it is something to do with the 'TopLayer' skin? If so - what is incorrect about it that it just forgets all settings after a reload?

Screenshot of display after reload.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wi7kDZLYi-RUcAevcIm2EAi69bSzO6_S
kyriakos876

Re: Negative Coordinates Reload Issue

Post by kyriakos876 »

It probably has something to do with the monitors, I suppose from the screenshot that you have more than 1. I'm not a multi-monitor expert with rainmeter but the -1920 is a standard width of an HD monitor. I'm just sharing my thoughts until someone that knows about this can help you.
Katsuro

Post by Katsuro »

Yes, I'm aware that it is an valid number. I have a setup with three 1920x1080 monitors.

Because my main monitor is the middle monitor the coordinates work like this:
Far left monitor would have coordinates of -1920.
Middle monitor would have coordinates of 0.
Far right monitor would have coordinates of 1920.

I just don't know why the skin I have doesn't like to remember the negative position.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Katsuro wrote:Yes, I'm aware that it is an valid number. I have a setup with three 1920x1080 monitors.

Because my main monitor is the middle monitor the coordinates work like this:
Far left monitor would have coordinates of -1920.
Middle monitor would have coordinates of 0.
Far right monitor would have coordinates of 1920.

I just don't know why the skin I have doesn't like to remember the negative position.
I just saw the picture again, you right click on the skin and uncheck that "Keep on screen" option. This should fix it.