It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:52 pm

HELP! Box Scroll?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ColdyoyoSync

HELP! Box Scroll?

Post by ColdyoyoSync »

I am wanting to to create a notifcation system, apon creating too many notifications, rather than having the box extend, I am wanting it too just continue scrolling using either the mouse wheel or either the right scroll bar. I would be super greatful if someone could help solve this problem! :)

Sorry if this has been posted already, if so please redirect me to that post I would be forever greatful.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: HELP! Box Scroll?

Post by balala »

To use the mouse wheel for a such action, first you need a variable, which I named Message:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
Message=0
The value of this variable controls which message is shown. You need a Calc measure:

[MeasureMessage]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#Message#
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#=0)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeterMessage Text "First message"][!UpdateMeter "MeterMessage"][!Redraw]
IfCondition2=(#CURRENTSECTION#=1)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetOption MeterMessage Text "Second message"][!UpdateMeter "MeterMessage"][!Redraw]
IfCondition3=(#CURRENTSECTION#=2)
IfTrueAction3=[!SetOption MeterMessage Text "Third message"][!UpdateMeter "MeterMessage"][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1
And finally the String meter which shows the appropriate message and which have to be scrolled to switch to the next message:

[MeterMessage]
Meter=STRING
X=0
Y=0
Padding=15,5,15,5
FontColor=220,220,220
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=8
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
MouseScrollDownAction=[!SetVariable Message "((#Message#+1)%3)"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureMessage"]
MouseScrollUpAction=[!SetVariable Message "((#Message#=0)?2:(#Message#-1))"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureMessage"]
The above code works, showing one of three messages. Depending on how those messages are created, probably you have to modify the [MeasureMessage] measure, to set up appropriately what is changing on the [MeterMessage] String meter.
If you have more messages then three, you also have to modify the formulas used on the MouseScrollDownAction and MouseScrollUpAction options of the [MeterMessage] meter.
Not knowing how your skin is created, actually can't tell you more. But if you can't implement what I've described above, please post the code you have so far, for further help.
ColdyoyoSync

Post by ColdyoyoSync »

That's brilliant, Not what I was entirely looking for, but perhaps one better! Thanks a bunch!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ColdyoyoSync wrote:That's brilliant, Not what I was entirely looking for, but perhaps one better! Thanks a bunch!
Glad to help.
However keep in mind you can extend my code to work with more (or less?) messages, too.