It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:59 pm

[Retracted: End Goal Implausible]How to set a position variable (x&y) of one skin from another (parent to child)

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

[Retracted: End Goal Implausible]How to set a position variable (x&y) of one skin from another (parent to child)

Post by Mor3bane »

Hello,
After much ado I can't seem to get this working.

I have tried several things.

In short it was mostly bangs like these, knowing they are wrong or simply won't work that way:

Code: Select all

LeftMouseDownAction=[!ToggleConfig "Round Arcane\Puzzles" "Puzzle_1.ini"][!SetOption "ImageArcaneR" Y "#CURRENTCONFIGY#" "RoundArcane\Puzzles"][!SetOption "ImageArcaneR" X "#CURRENTCONFIGX#" "RoundArcane\Puzzles"][!Redraw]

Code: Select all

[ImageFloat]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(#CURRENTCONFIGX# + #CURRENTCONFIGY#)
OnUpdateAction=[!SetOption "ImageArcaneR" Y "#CURRENTCONFIGY#" "RoundArcane\Puzzles"][!SetOption "ImageArcaneR" X "#CURRENTCONFIGX#" "RoundArcane\Puzzles"][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[SeparateMeter]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!ToggleConfig "Round Arcane\Puzzles" "Puzzle_1.ini"][!Update ImageFloat][!Update "Round Arcane\Puzzles"]
Last edited by Mor3bane on April 7th, 2018, 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to set a position variable (x&y) of one skin from another (parent to child)

Post by eclectic-tech »

Is your Config Name "RoundArcane\Puzzles" or "Round Arcane\Puzzles"? :???:
Mor3bane

Re: How to set a position variable (x&y) of one skin from another (parent to child)

Post by Mor3bane »

Round Arcane\Puzzles

With the forgotten space apparently :o

Still struggling though. Any help would be appreciated.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Re: [Retracted End Goal Impossible]How to set a position variable (x&y) of one skin from another (parent to child)

Post by Mor3bane »

I was trying to make a puzzle, then realised the kind of mess I was getting into.

Thanks for your interest though. :17drums
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Retracted End Goal Impossible]How to set a position variable (x&y) of one skin from another (parent to child)

Post by balala »

I hope this observation won't be considered being offtopic, but related to the code of the first post, I have to say that the [!Update ImageFloat] bang is wrong, [ImageFloat] being a measure. As such, the bang should have to be probably [!UpdateMeasure ImageFloat], because !Update is used to update the whole skin, not a measure (or meter) of it.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote:I hope this observation won't be considered being offtopic, but related to the code of the first post, I have to say that the [!Update ImageFloat] bang is wrong, [ImageFloat] being a measure. As such, the bang should have to be probably [!UpdateMeasure ImageFloat], because !Update is used to update the whole skin, not a measure (or meter) of it.
Not off topic at all.

Since abandoning my puzzle idea, I have learnt a couple things about measures; the fact you mentioned, and the fact that measures cannot be hidden with the Hidden=1 value.

So time ticks on, and so does the never-ending pursuit of knowledge. :)
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote:and the fact that measures cannot be hidden with the Hidden=1 value.
:thumbup: Yes, as I said, measures aren't visible, as meters are, that's why you can't hide or show them and the Hidden isn't an available option for measures. :thumbup: