It is currently April 26th, 2024, 12:35 pm

Solved: Some problems on Show/Hide meter with "OnUnfocusAction" Option

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Setsukka

Re: Some problems on Show/Hide meter with "OnUnfocusAction" Option

Post by Setsukka »

balala wrote:Don't update a meter (in this case through the [!UpdateMeter BG] bang) and update the whole skin (through the [!Update] bang) simultaneously. Doesn't worth. Updating the meter is enough.
Just mention that when you update just a meter (or more, but not the whole skin), in most cases a [!Redraw] bang should be used to redraw the skin. The !UpdateMeter bang doesn't do a redraw, while !Update does (because a redrawn is done at the end of each update cycle) and when this bang is used, !Redraw isn't required (but it is with !UpdateMeter).
Thank you for your instruction.
There is a "UpdateDivider" in meter [BG], so [!Update] does not take effect on the meter.
So I have to Update the meter seperately.
Anyway, thank you.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Some problems on Show/Hide meter with "OnUnfocusAction" Option

Post by balala »

Setsukka wrote:There is a "UpdateDivider" in meter [BG], so [!Update] does not take effect on the meter.
No, what I said is that doesn't worth to use an !UpdateMeter and an !Update bang, in the same option. Usually it's better to update just the needed sections (measures and/or meter), naming them, but definitely doesn't worth to update the meter AND the whole skin in the same option.
If you use both bangs in the same option, the !Update updates the whole skin, so also updating the meter, is... Well, I don't know, but definitely doesn't worth.