It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:58 am

Laptop power/battery skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Laptop power/battery skin

Post by balala »

Bub wrote:With yellow bar only.

Been trying to figure out what may cause those freezes and crushes so was running laptop for hours, plugged or on batteries.
Happens only - and not all the time! - when plugged and yellow bar start fading.
Sorry, I'm testing the skin for now from an hour and it still works.
Please Bub, pack your config as you have it now with the issue and upload it. Maybe someone here on the forum will be nice to test the skin and let us know how does it work.
So, does it work even for a longer period?
Bub

Post by Bub »

It's a same skin I did posted before plus your skin. Nothing else changed.
And yes, it's working right now for 'bout hour / hour and half and then crashed RM.
Been running rig for 'bout 5 or 6 hours right now, 4 crushes so far. All skins just stop working and freeze on current state.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Bub wrote:It's a same skin I did posted before plus your skin. Nothing else changed.
And yes, it's working right now for 'bout hour / hour and half and then crashed RM.
Been running rig for 'bout 5 or 6 hours right now, 4 crushes so far. All skins just stop working and freeze on current state.
As I said, I don't encounter such issues. Let's see if someone here on the forum will want to test it.
Bub

Post by Bub »

Here is everything I have, I guess. No outside plugins been used afaik...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Bub wrote:Here is everything I have, I guess. No outside plugins been used afaik...
I downloaded your package (just to make sure we're using the same one) and started to test it. It's loaded from more then one hour and still works. So, I don't know what to say more...
Bub

Post by Bub »

balala wrote:I downloaded your package (just to make sure we're using the same one) and started to test it. It's loaded from more then one hour and still works. So, I don't know what to say more...
Have you ever try to update something in any running skins or just do few refreshes?
It just keep crushing... Did fresh system install, not from image. Not helping.

Well I guess it's just something with my rig then. I have no other explanations 'bout it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Bub wrote:Have you ever try to update something in any running skins or just do few refreshes?
It just keep crushing... Did fresh system install, not from image. Not helping.

Well I guess it's just something with my rig then. I have no other explanations 'bout it.
We should have to modify the code, to have the fade effect when another bar is shown. Just to see if the issue appears in this case, too. So, modify the [MeasureStat] measure, as it follows:

Code: Select all

[MeasureStat]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(( MeasureStatus = 0 ) ? -1 : ( MeasureACLine * MeasurePercent ))
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#<0)
IfTrueAction=[!HideMeter "MeterBatteryBar1"][!HideMeter "MeterBatteryBar2"][!HideMeter "MeterBatteryBar3"][!SetVariable Alpha "0"][!DisableMeasure "MeasureAlpha"]
IfCondition2=(#CURRENTSECTION#=0)
IfTrueAction2=[!HideMeter "MeterBatteryBar1"][!ShowMeter "MeterBatteryBar2"][!HideMeter "MeterBatteryBar3"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureAlpha"]
IfCondition3=((#CURRENTSECTION#>0)&&(#CURRENTSECTION#<100))
IfTrueAction3=[!ShowMeter "MeterBatteryBar1"][!HideMeter "MeterBatteryBar2"][!HideMeter "MeterBatteryBar3"][!SetVariable Alpha "0"][!DisableMeasure "MeasureAlpha"]
IfCondition4=(#CURRENTSECTION#=100)
IfTrueAction4=[!HideMeter "MeterBatteryBar1"][!HideMeter "MeterBatteryBar2"][!ShowMeter "MeterBatteryBar3"][!SetVariable Alpha "0"][!DisableMeasure "MeasureAlpha"]
With this measure, the yellow bar doesn't have the fade in/out effect, but now the red one does have it. Please apply this measure and try out to see if when the red bar is shown and it starts fading, the issue appears.
Bub

Post by Bub »

balala wrote: With this measure, the yellow bar doesn't have the fade in/out effect, but now the red one does have it. Please apply this measure and try out to see if when the red bar is shown and it starts fading, the issue appears.
Em... Do I have a red bar? :lol:
Did it. Lets wait how i'ts gonna work for "on battery" bar
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Bub wrote:Lets wait how i'ts gonna work for "on battery" bar
Ok, let me know how it does.
Bub

Post by Bub »

balala wrote:Ok, let me know how it does.
Nope it doesn't.
Freezed after 30+ minutes :yawn:

You know what? Just forget it. Not worth your time and effort.
You already create great skin and I am more than happy with it.
All those pretty mock ups, they r easily can be avoided lol :great:

I'll exchange solid bar for some .png and will be happy with it.
Last edited by Bub on March 28th, 2018, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.