It is currently April 18th, 2024, 2:05 am

Laptop power/battery skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Bub

Re: Laptop power/battery skin

Post by Bub »

balala wrote: When you see "Just a solid bar"? Because the fade effect should have to be seen when the yellow bar is shown (so when the computer is plugged in AND the battery is fully charged).
Yep.
Plugged and fully charged.
Was yellow bar before.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Bub wrote:Was yellow bar before.
And now? Because for me in the mentioned situation (so when the computer is plugged in and the battery is fully charged) the yellow bar starts fading out, then in and so on.
Bub

Post by Bub »

For me it stays solid color.
If it's working for you and not working for me, well that means I do something wrong. Again :oops:
Let me try again and I'll be back with updates.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Bub wrote:For me it stays solid color.
If it's working for you and not working for me, well that means I do something wrong. Again :oops:
Let me try again and I'll be back with updates.
Ok. If you can't get it to work, please pack the whole config and upload it once again, to can check it.
Bub

Post by Bub »

It works after system restart. Exact the way I want it and for sure there is no way I've been able to do it without your help.
You r my hero!

Little advice for people who will use it.
If you need to make some changes to this or your skins on the fly and then will do Refresh All to see how it works - disable this skin first, do whatever it takes, save your ini file, do refresh and them load it back. Otherwise there is a chance this fade in/out effect would stop working or your whole RM may crashed (but only if you will make some changes ON THIS skin without unloading it) I guess it's 'cos of all this calculations being interrupted.

But otherwise it works like a charm, not CPU hungry at all. Couldn't ask for more! :bow:

Well for sure I'll ask more 'cos me and not screwing things up especially on last stages/// Nonsense! :rofl:
Thanks again for all your help and this crazy amount of work you've done for just one single request of brainless guy. :thumbup: :great: :oops:
Bub

Post by Bub »

balala wrote:Ok. If you can't get it to work, please pack the whole config and upload it once again, to can check it.
Sure I'll do. A soon as I'll finish and clean up the rest of skins :rofl: :oops:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Glad to help.
I'll give it a try if you'll upload it.
Bub

Post by Bub »

Hm... Strange thing happens.
Most of the time after running RM with this skin for like 5 to 10 min it crashed RM.
Bar turns into solid, no fades, all meters are freeze and I have to end process thru Task Manager, otherwise if I click on any of RM's meters it may cause whole rig freeze.
Clean system, nothing installed but RM, HWiNFO and CoreTemp.
Was 'bout to make final skin, export it, the restore from image and install all software later on 'cos it will take less than few hours of work. Sorry for bothering you again...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Bub wrote:Most of the time after running RM with this skin for like 5 to 10 min it crashed RM.
Bar turns into solid, no fades, all meters are freeze and I have to end process thru Task Manager, otherwise if I click on any of RM's meters it may cause whole rig freeze.
Clean system, nothing installed but RM, HWiNFO and CoreTemp.
All this is happening with the yellow bar shown, or with one of the others?
Bub

Post by Bub »

balala wrote:All this is happening with the yellow bar shown, or with one of the others?
With yellow bar only.

Been trying to figure out what may cause those freezes and crushes so was running laptop for hours, plugged or on batteries.
Happens only - and not all the time! - when plugged and yellow bar start fading. BG's turns black after mouse over and that is it...