It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:44 pm

illustro Clock Help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
MourningStar

illustro Clock Help

Post by MourningStar »

I have this on my desktop as 'stay topmost', color white. I use rotating or animated desktop backgrounds. Occasionally a white background will appear and it renders the clock text not visible. I have seen text features in other utilities (movie subtitles comes immediately to mind) where the text will be visible via a shadow appearing around the text characters, thereby making the text visible against a white background. Please inform me if this is possible with this clock and guide me thru the steps to incorporate this.

-thank you
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: illustro Clock Help

Post by balala »

MourningStar wrote:I have this on my desktop as 'stay topmost', color white. I use rotating or animated desktop backgrounds. Occasionally a white background will appear and it renders the clock text not visible. I have seen text features in other utilities (movie subtitles comes immediately to mind) where the text will be visible via a shadow appearing around the text characters, thereby making the text visible against a white background. Please inform me if this is possible with this clock and guide me thru the steps to incorporate this.
It definitely is, just have to add the following two options to the appropriate String meter of your skin:

Code: Select all

StringEffect=Border
FontEffectColor=0,0,0
The StringEffect can be either Border, or Shadow, while FontEffectColor is the code of the color you'd like to use as color of the effect (border or shadow).
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

thank you balala for the quick reply!

The 'shadow' effect worked best for me.

:17good
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Glad to help.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

new issue : i cannot seem to figure out how to locate the clock so it is at the right-most (or left-most) edge of the monitor. It wants to stay inside some invisible boundary a good-distance from the left/right monitor edges. There is no problem parking it super-close to the top or bottom edges of the screen. help!

:???:

-thx
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MourningStar wrote:new issue : i cannot seem to figure out how to locate the clock so it is at the right-most (or left-most) edge of the monitor. It wants to stay inside some invisible boundary a good-distance from the left/right monitor edges. There is no problem parking it super-close to the top or bottom edges of the screen.
The image used as background in the illustro suite has a small transparent area around itself. This transparent area is causing this issue, because by default the Rainmeter skins are set up to be kept on the screen.
The simplest solution to avoid this is to right click the skin and go to Settings. Uncheck the "Keep on screen" option, available here.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

that worked! :thumbup:

thank you balala for another and most helpful quick reply! :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MourningStar wrote:that worked! :thumbup:

thank you balala for another and most helpful quick reply! :)
Glad to help.