It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:42 am

Searching for a plugin.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Searching for a plugin.

Post by eclectic-tech »

raiguard wrote: November 2nd, 2018, 2:03 am It's not lagging because something is fullscreen, it is a constant thing. I reinstalled ATT and it exhibits the same behavior... something must be going on with my PC specifically or something?

Edit: Could it have to do with the fact that I have three monitors, two of which are 1440p and one is 1080p?
Have you checked to make sure Rainmeter is NOT in Debug Mode? :???:
I use that setting to test new skins, but it can cause performance issues if left active. :confused:
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 2nd, 2018, 3:40 am Have you checked to make sure Rainmeter is NOT in Debug Mode? :???:
I use that setting to test new skins, but it can cause performance issues if left active. :confused:
Yeah, Rainmeter is not in debug mode either. I also tested with my secondary monitors deactivated, and the lag still exists. :(
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

So the lagging is not the only problem I'm having with this plugin...

This plugin completely breaks Windows.

Here is a video of the bug in action (had to record with my phone, for reasons that will become obvious as soon as you watch it...)

This problem occurs, as far as I can tell, when you switch users while this plugin is running, and stay there for a great length of time. I included reproduction steps below, but they are not consistent and will only trigger the issue very infrequently.

As you can see in the video, the plugin completely bugs out explorer. The positioning of everything gets completely screwed up, and Windows becomes completely unusable. If you manage to click on Rainmeter in task manager and end the process, everything returns to normal. In the video as well, you can see that my other skins suddenly re-appear, and the issue mostly resolves itself. I do not know why or how it did this, maybe it has to do with a span of time?

All the while, the PixelColor plugin is incessantly spitting the following two lines to the Rainmeter log:

Code: Select all

WARN (14:01:05.039) ModernGadgets\Settings\Sidebars\Control\2\Sb2Control.ini - [MeasurePixelColor]: CursorColor: Error getting pixel color
ERRO (14:01:05.040) ModernGadgets\Settings\Sidebars\Control\2\Sb2Control.ini - [MeasurePixelColor]: Invalid return type in function: PixelRGB
I have not yet been able to reproduce this while running Rainmeter in debug mode, but I am working on it.

To try and reproduce this yourself, follow these steps:

1. Download ModernGadgets 1.5.0-beta.2
2. Go into the global settings skin (ModernGadgets\Settings\GlobalSettings) and click "enable sidebar 1". Adjust the settings to create a sidebar somewhere on your desktop, then click 'Update Work Area'. When you maximize a window it should look something like this:
2018-11-13 13_57_07-.png
3. Lock the user (with or without a window maximized, it doesn't matter) and log into another user
4. Load some Rainmeter skins (in my specific case, my brother has ModernGadgets 1.4.1 loaded, with all six gadgets in use)
5. Wait for a while (upwards of 5 minutes?)
6. Lock the second user, log back into the first

This method will SOMETIMES cause the issue to occur on my PC, but not every time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017