Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=Temperature
CoreTempIndex=1

[MeasureAverageTemp]
Measure=Calc
Formula=([MeasureTempC1]+[MeasureTempC2])/2
DynamicVariables=1
I want to get the average CPU temperature obviously, but with one measure if possible.

-Thanks in advance.
Last edited by kyriakos876 on March 14th, 2018, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Merging CoreTemp measures.

Post by balala »

kyriakos876 wrote:I want to get the average CPU temperature obviously, but with one measure if possible.
I don't think it would be possible with one single measure. But using the [MeasureAverageTemp] measure is a good solution. Why would like to not use it?
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

balala wrote:I don't think it would be possible with one single measure. But using the [MeasureAverageTemp] measure is a good solution. Why would like to not use it?
Because a 20 core CPU would need 20 measures for each core and then an average leaving me 21 measures to deal with. It's not the most fun thing to do.... If I could find a simpler solution, maybe something like:

Code: Select all

[MeasureTempC]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=Temperature
CoreTempIndex=0
CoreTempIndex=1
CoreTempIndex=2
CoreTempIndex=19
But it's not supported by the plugin so yea...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

kyriakos876 wrote:But it's not supported by the plugin so yea...
Not just by the plugin. Nor Rainmeter doesn't support to add more times the same option to any section.
Sorry, but I think you'll have to deal with all those 21 measures.
chilio

Post by chilio »

balala wrote:Not just by the plugin. Nor Rainmeter doesn't support to add more times the same option to any section.
Sorry, but I think you'll have to deal with all those 21 measures.
In theory, it shouldn't be too hard to add this option to the plugin if you let it work like this right?

Code: Select all

[MeasureTempC]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=Temperature
CoreTempIndex=0
CoreTempIndex1=1
CoreTempIndex2=2
CoreTempIndexN=19
(If the author would allow it and someone finds the time to edit the source code at least...)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

chilio wrote:In theory, it shouldn't be too hard to add this option to the plugin if you let it work like this right?
Yep, if the plugin measure would support those options. But don't forget that the CoreTemp plugin reads the info returned by the CoreTemp app and this kind of approach doesn't work and I doubt it will (at least not in the near future, I think).
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

kyriakos876 wrote:Because a 20 core CPU would need 20 measures for each core and then an average leaving me 21 measures to deal with. It's not the most fun thing to do....
Not to split hairs or anything, but actually an Intel processor only needs 1 measure per PHYSICAL core (so 10 in your example), while an AMD processor would only need 1 since it doesn't report temps per core. If you want a skin to handle any case, create 20 or 36 or however many measures (with minimal attributes set) and configure the whole batch as needed via a Lua script (trying to do it with straight Rainmeter works too, but is way more effort). You could even do the averaging with Lua and eliminate that calc measure.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

SilverAzide wrote:Not to split hairs or anything, but actually an Intel processor only needs 1 measure per PHYSICAL core (so 10 in your example), while an AMD processor would only need 1 since it doesn't report temps per core. If you want a skin to handle any case, create 20 or 36 or however many measures (with minimal attributes set) and configure the whole batch as needed via a Lua script (trying to do it with straight Rainmeter works too, but is way more effort). You could even do the averaging with Lua and eliminate that calc measure.
Yea I figured lua is the way to go :P