It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:38 pm

Need help with replacing part of code to show Weather Temperature instead

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mordecai7562

Re: Need help with replacing part of code to show Weather Temperature instead

Post by Mordecai7562 »

Yeah I have them, I'm just not sure what happened to cause it to stop working. I have the png images called flurries, heavysnow, lightsnow, and snow. I'm using wunderground as the url for the weather, and it was working fine before when I had partly cloudy and mostly cloudy as it changed accordingly.
Mordecai7562

Post by Mordecai7562 »

jsmorley wrote:I firmly contend that nibbling at an existing skin isn't the right way to go with this. First, tell us what elements of the weather you want to use. If we know that, we can help you get all the elements you want from the feed, deal with the icon number/image, and then help with how you might display the results.

This will be painful if we do this one bit at a time. A little advanced planning, knowing what you want to use / display will help a lot and make it easier to do.
I want to take data from current conditions of a weather url (weather.com, wunderground.com) and have a png icon display accordingly.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mordecai7562 wrote:Yeah I have them, I'm just not sure what happened to cause it to stop working. I have the png images called flurries, heavysnow, lightsnow, and snow. I'm using wunderground as the url for the weather, and it was working fine before when I had partly cloudy and mostly cloudy as it changed accordingly.
Pack the config please and upload it, to can take a look.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Mordecai7562 wrote:I want to take data from current conditions of a weather url (weather.com, wunderground.com) and have a png icon display accordingly.
I tend to be blunt sometimes (JSMorley clarified my meaning in his post, thank you!) ;-) ...

{Rant removed...} :oops: