It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:48 am

Skin not dragging

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Ferareza

Skin not dragging

Post by Ferareza »

My friend set up the skin for me, I have no experience or knowledge with coding, and my skin is way off center from where it should be. All of my other 'widgets' are draggable except the main one, which is made up of several icons that open various programs. I tried asking for help in the rainmeter subreddit, and was told to enter coordinates and turn off draggable, but that is not working. Any extra help would be much appreciated.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Skin not dragging

Post by jsmorley »

It is possible that the overall dimensions of the skin are the same, or close to, the size of your screen. In order to drag a skin like that, you would need to use the Manage dialog to set:
1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ferareza

Post by Ferareza »

I can't change the coordinates in that spot to anything more than 1. They all say 0, and i can put decimals like 0.123 but nothing higher than 1
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Ferareza wrote:I can't change the coordinates in that spot to anything more than 1. They all say 0, and i can put decimals like 0.123 but nothing higher than 1
You can put any integer value into the boxes (not decimals, the values are full pixels), but make sure the 'Keep on screen' box is NOT checked.

If your skin is almost as large as your screen, you may be able to drag it lower to set it's position, but to position it higher you need to uncheck 'Keep on screen' and enter negative values into the second coordinate box; Windows will not let you drag anything above the top of the screen.

If you are still having trouble, copy the skin code and post it here...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:If you are still having trouble, copy the skin code and post it here...
Or maybe better pack the whole config and upload it. Especially if the skin uses some included images or other resources.
Ferareza

Post by Ferareza »

So now the icons are in the right place. However, its programmed in such a way that when you hover over an icon, (hidden as what looks like a column filled in with a picture of space) it will display the app you are about to launch throughout all the columns. IE if you hover over pubg, the cover of the game shows up. This preview is still showing up off center...

https://gyazo.com/a354340cc3749ffd9225ef40076c2f1d
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Ferareza wrote:So now the icons are in the right place. However, its programmed in such a way that when you hover over an icon, (hidden as what looks like a column filled in with a picture of space) it will display the app you are about to launch throughout all the columns. IE if you hover over pubg, the cover of the game shows up. This preview is still showing up off center...

https://gyazo.com/a354340cc3749ffd9225ef40076c2f1d
I think your problem is not placement, but rather that the images are not the same resolution as you monitor or the same size as the original "bars" image. The problem might be corrected by resizing all of your images to the same resolution as your monitor.

If everything is the same resolution, then you need to pack the entire config in an rmskin format, so people here can install it and try to help.

ASIDE: If you are trying to use Windows wallpaper as the background image, you are just asking for grief! Windows will distort the image based on background settings, making aligning a re-occurring nightmare!

I don't have any other suggestions or that much interest in layered image skins :17flag