It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:07 am

Countdown timers on the hour

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
vvs

Countdown timers on the hour

Post by vvs »

I recently introduced rainmeter to the computers at my work (I'm just a minimum wage employee) but they really liked it.
Our current predicament is that we have people renting rooms that we have to go and physically tell that they have 10 minutes before their session is over.
What I told my work would be possible through rainmeter is that we could click on a button in the beginning of the clients session (which is either 1hr 2hr 3hr or 4hr) so when there is 10 minutes left, a pop up appears and a timer countdown then starts in the corner of the screen.
The tricky part is the time needs to be relative to the hour, not from the time we clicked the button. So for example, if they start at 4:02 with a 1hr session we need it to end at 5 not 5:02.

Like I mentioned I'm just a low employee but I'd pay like $10-20 bucks from my pocket cause I think it would go a long way with my managers. Let me know if you think you could help me out. Thank you in advance for even reading
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Countdown timers on the hour

Post by jsmorley »

vvs wrote:I recently introduced rainmeter to the computers at my work (I'm just a minimum wage employee) but they really liked it.
Our current predicament is that we have people renting rooms that we have to go and physically tell that they have 10 minutes before their session is over.
What I told my work would be possible through rainmeter is that we could click on a button in the beginning of the clients session (which is either 1hr 2hr 3hr or 4hr) so when there is 10 minutes left, a pop up appears and a timer countdown then starts in the corner of the screen.
The tricky part is the time needs to be relative to the hour, not from the time we clicked the button. So for example, if they start at 4:02 with a 1hr session we need it to end at 5 not 5:02.

Like I mentioned I'm just a low employee but I'd pay like $10-20 bucks from my pocket cause I think it would go a long way with my managers. Let me know if you think you could help me out. Thank you in advance for even reading
We do not allow solicitations for skins on the forums, and particularly not for money. However, I'm sure someone will be glad to help you get started with this. I can't right this minute, as it is late here.
vvs

Post by vvs »

jsmorley wrote:We do not allow solicitations for skins on the forums, and particularly not for money. However, I'm sure someone will be glad to help you get started with this. I can't right this minute, as it is late here.
Alright, should I delete this? If so, is there any other sub to post such a request in?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

vvs wrote:Alright, should I delete this? If so, is there any other sub to post such a request in?
No, it's ok here, just understand that this is a pretty simple skin really, and I'm sure someone will be happy to give you some basic code to get started. In the future, we would prefer it if you took a stab at it yourself, and posted here if and when you get stuck. We really don't allow "skin requests" at all on the forums.

But what kind of jerk can resist this story... ;-)
vvs

Post by vvs »

jsmorley wrote:No, it's ok here, just understand that this is a pretty simple skin really, and I'm sure someone will be happy to give you some basic code to get started. In the future, we would prefer it if you took a stab at it yourself, and posted here if and when you get stuck. We really don't allow "skin requests" at all on the forums.

But what kind of jerk can resist this story... ;-)
I swear my story is legit :17flag
So far Ive done simple things like change their basic desktop icons to cool looking buttons but I burned myself out earlier trying to figure out regexp for parsing info. Wouldn't even know where to begin for this :17readbook
Cusanus

Post by Cusanus »

[Like I mentioned I'm just a low employee but I'd pay like $10-20 bucks from my pocket cause I think it would go a long way with my managers. Let me know if you think you could help me out. Thank you in advance for even reading[/quote]

I'm all psyched up for Rainmeter, but it seems to me that a very simple timer would work fine for that. I use Orzeszek Timer (now Hourglass) to keep my chicken from burning after ruining several nice pots. :17angry Just bring it up and put in the time, add your own .wav files for the alarm if you like. I'm up to my neck in Steampunk right now, might give some thought to this. Meanwhile, you can soup up your Windows 7 with Stardock stuff like WIndowBlinds, WindowsFX and SkinStudio.
vvs

Post by vvs »

I'm all psyched up for Rainmeter, but it seems to me that a very simple timer would work fine for that. I use Orzeszek Timer (now Hourglass) to keep my chicken from burning after ruining several nice pots. :17angry Just bring it up and put in the time, add your own .wav files for the alarm if you like. I'm up to my neck in Steampunk right now, might give some thought to this. Meanwhile, you can soup up your Windows 7 with Stardock stuff like WIndowBlinds, WindowsFX and SkinStudio.[/quote]

Well maybe just the variable to countdown relative on the hour rather than from when the button is clicked and I could try creating a timer
Cusanus

Post by Cusanus »

Where's the post re Name=CookTimers, Author=Eclectic Tech? I like his a lot better than the one I mentioned above. It's not quite as easy, but more than makes up for it being really clever and rather fits my steampunk theme after adding a spinning gear which I hope is ok. I've also gotten to be an old man and my eyes aren't so great so I usually brighten the images up a bit with photoshop so I can see them more clearly. Anyway, as long as it keeps my chicken from burning.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Maybe something like this:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=500
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[Variables]

[MeasureCurrentTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%#I:%M:%S %p

[MeasureStartTime]
Measure=Time
Group=Timer
Format=%#I:%M:%S %p
UpdateDivider=-1

[MeasureStartDate]
Measure=Time
Group=Timer
Format=%A, %B %#d, %Y
UpdateDivider=-1

[MeasureStartHour]
Measure=Time
Group=Timer
Format=%#H
UpdateDivider=-1

[MeasureEndHour]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureStartHour + 1

[MeasureEndTime]
Measure=Time
Group=Timer
TimeStamp=[MeasureStartDate] [MeasureEndHour]:00:00
TimeStampFormat=%A, %B %#d, %Y %#H:%M:%S
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1

[MeasureElapsedMinutes]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Round(([MeasureCurrentTime:Timestamp]-[MeasureStartTime:TimeStamp])/60)
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureRemainingMinutes]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Abs(Round(([MeasureEndTime:Timestamp]-[MeasureStartTime:TimeStamp])/60))
DynamicVariables=1
IfCondition=MeasureRemainingMinutes < 11
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeterRemainingTimeText FontColor "255,68,68,255"][!SetOption MeterRemainingTimeText FontWeight "600"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
IfFalseAction=[!SetOption MeterRemainingTimeText FontColor "255,255,255,255"][!SetOption MeterRemainingTimeText FontWeight "400"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

[MeterBack]
Meter=Image
W=200
H=175
SolidColor=47,47,47,255

[MeterStartButton]
Meter=String
X=10
Y=10
FontSize=13
FontWeight=400
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=90,90,90,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Start Session 1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!UpdateMeasureGroup Timer][!ShowMeterGroup Timer]

[MeterCurrentTimeText]
Meter=String
X=10
Y=10R
W=170
FontSize=11
FontWeight=400
SolidColor=0,0,0,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Current:

[MeterCurrentTime]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCurrentTime
X=190
Y=0r
StringAlign=Right
FontSize=11
FontWeight=600
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=%1

[MeterTimeStartedText]
Meter=String
X=10
Y=80
W=170
FontSize=11
FontWeight=400
SolidColor=0,0,0,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Started:

[MeterTimeStarted]
Meter=String
Group=Timer
MeasureName=MeasureStartTime
X=190
Y=0r
StringAlign=Right
FontSize=11
FontWeight=600
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Hidden=1
Text=%1

[MeterElapsedTimeText]
Meter=String
X=10
Y=110
W=170
FontSize=11
FontWeight=400
SolidColor=0,0,0,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Elapsed:

[MeterElapsedTime]
Meter=String
Group=Timer
MeasureName=MeasureElapsedMinutes
X=190
Y=0r
StringAlign=Right
FontSize=11
FontWeight=600
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Hidden=1
Text=%1

[MeterRemainingTimeText]
Meter=String
X=10
Y=140
W=170
FontSize=11
FontWeight=400
SolidColor=0,0,0,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Remaining:

[MeterRemainingTime]
Meter=String
Group=Timer
MeasureName=MeasureRemainingMinutes
X=190
Y=0r
StringAlign=Right
FontSize=11
FontWeight=600
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Hidden=1
Text=%1
1.png
I don't even want to know what is going on in these rooms that you rent by the hour... ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vvs, first please take a look at one of my old packages. It has a Countdown skin. Please check it to see if it matches your needs and let me know if it doesn't, to can modify it accordingly.
Here it is: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=74805#p74805