Countdown timers on the hour

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Countdown timers on the hour

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote:hourtimers.png
Nice examples jsmorley...
I'd post a 10 session package, but that would not help the OP learn anything about coding. :-(
Again, nice example! :thumbup:
;-) I suspect the OP isn't learning too much about coding Rainmeter in any case, but is just leading us with the "bring me a rock" game at this point. My goal is to just show how the "values" can be arrived at, and in a broad sense how they can be used, and that he will take a shot himself at turning that into what he wants / needs. Certainly if he gets stuck I will help further, but it won't be "just do this for me".
vvs

Post by vvs »

jsmorley wrote:;-) I suspect the OP isn't learning too much about coding Rainmeter in any case, but is just leading us with the "bring me a rock" game at this point. My goal is to just show how the "values" can be arrived at, and in a broad sense how they can be used, and that he will take a shot himself at turning that into what he wants / needs. Certainly if he gets stuck I will help further, but it won't be "just do this for me".
:17angry :17flag :? :confused: :x
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

vvs wrote: :17angry :17flag :? :confused: :x
Here is how you can utilize the example skin JSMorley posted here.

Create new folder in your Skins folder, let's name the new folder 'HourTimers'. Then create a sub-folder in that folder named 'Session01'. Save JSMorley's code as 'Session01.ini' in the 'Session01' folder. Refresh Rainmeter.

You now have a timer skin that can be loaded from 'HourTimers/Session01'.

To create more timers, copy the 'Session01' folder and paste a copy in 'HourTimers'; rename the folder as 'Session02' and the file inside as 'Session02.ini'. Open the 'Session02.ini' in a text editor, and change the Text= option of the [MeterSessionLabel] section to 'Text=Session2'. Save the file and refresh Rainmeter. Now you have 2 timer sessions; they have to be in separate folders so they both can be loaded at the same time.

To create more timers, just repeat the process used to create 'Session02'...

Hope this helps explain how I got what I posted. As JSMorley mentioned, you can customize these further and someone here can usually provide guidance, but not create them for you (which has already pretty much been done here :D )
vvs

Post by vvs »

Well thank you guys for the help, you all are insanely responsive for being so elite at this.
Last edited by vvs on March 12th, 2018, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vvs

Post by vvs »

removed :bow: