It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 8:59 pm

Skins won't intall

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skins won't intall

Post by balala »

Jaski wrote:I don't see Illustro when I open rainmeter. Where it shows all of the skins is just empty
Where? In the Manage window? I don't think it could be completely empty. If you remove all your skins when Rainmeter restarts, the default illusto config is created. Even if Rainmeter doesn't load skins, but the default config is created.
So let's recapitulate: if I'm not mistaken, you see the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area. Do you see it?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote:what kind of system are you running and what kind version are you installing on you system...
I don't think this would matter too much.
dvo wrote:balala i didn't hear from him if he found that icon yet :P
That's why I asked if he sees it.
Jaski

Post by Jaski »

balala wrote:Where? In the Manage window? I don't think it could be completely empty. If you remove all your skins when Rainmeter restarts, the default illusto config is created. Even if Rainmeter doesn't load skins, but the default config is created.
So let's recapitulate: if I'm not mistaken, you see the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area. Do you see it?
I saw the Rainmeter icon. I am doing what eclectic-tech suggested. Btw, how do I link a picture from my files so I can show you what I see?
Jaski

Post by Jaski »

eclectic-tech wrote:Do clean uninstall and re-install.

You should see ... these skinsillustrodefault.jpg
What does the clean uninstall tutorial mean by download a Rainmeter installer?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jaski wrote:Btw, how do I link a picture from my files so I can show you what I see?
The simplest way is to click the Attachments tab, below the Save draft, Preview, Submit buttons and click the Add files button.
Jaski

Post by Jaski »

balala wrote:The simplest way is to click the Attachments tab, below the Save draft, Preview, Submit buttons and click the Add files button.
K thanks. This is all I saw when I had Rainmeter opened:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jaski wrote:K thanks. This is all I saw when I had Rainmeter opened:
Extremely interesting!!! That field shouldn't have to be empty!
Please check the path of your skins. Right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification area and click Edit settings. The Rainmeter.ini file opens in the default text editor. Check the SkinPath variable, within the [Rainmeter] section. It is where Rainmeter looks for the installed configs. Is it correct (identify the appropriate folder on your hard disk)?
Jaski

Post by Jaski »

balala wrote:Extremely interesting!!! That field shouldn't have to be empty!
Please check the path of your skins. Right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification area and click Edit settings. The Rainmeter.ini file opens in the default text editor. Check the SkinPath variable, within the [Rainmeter] section. It is where Rainmeter looks for the installed configs. Is it correct (identify the appropriate folder on your hard disk)?
Turns out the path was wrong. After I fix things up I will see if Illustro, but even if this works it might not fix the skins downloading issue
Jaski

Post by Jaski »

Yup! After I changed the skin path Illustro popped up!
Jaski

Post by Jaski »

And skins are downloading! Thanks to everyone that helped!