It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:13 am

Skins won't intall

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Jaski

Skins won't intall

Post by Jaski »

I'm new to Rainmeter so I'm trying to install skins. It is taking forever to install (I assume it wont stop) and I can't find any fixes. Please help
Jaski

Re: Skins won't intall

Post by Jaski »

dvo wrote:how far do you get ....? a skin installing is just double press a rmskin file....
What do you mean how far did you get?
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Can you please describe what you're doing to install those skins?

If you want (or don't know how to) read this from Rainmeter documentation:
Installing skins
Jaski

Post by Jaski »

fonpaolo wrote:Can you please describe what you're doing to install those skins?

If you want (or don't know how to) read this from Rainmeter documentation:
Installing skins
I am installing it automatically. I can't find any manual downloads for the skins I want (Honeycomb and TranslucentTaskbar 1.2)
Jaski

Post by Jaski »

dvo wrote:TranslucentTaskbar 1.2 don't forget to tag the TranslucentTaskbar.dll in the install
and start sample.ini in rainmeter manage
I can't find the Rainmeter manage thing you are talking about and I do have TranslucentTaskbar.dll tagged

Honeycomb: https://apiium.deviantart.com/art/Honeycomb-467211707
Jaski

Post by Jaski »

dvo wrote:on your right in the taskbar you see rainmeter logo a drop of water right click on that .... search for manage
in manage left listing will show you > honeycomb click on that and it will show you many things in every part you can
load things by clicking on the ini files in the parts you can load and unload all ... :17good

please read the post of fonpaolo for more info you find it there.... :17nodding
I found a manual download for the TranslucentTaskbar skin ( https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=24879 ) but when I put it in the Skin folder it didn't show up in Rainmeter
Jaski

Post by Jaski »

That's it. I give up on Rainmeter. I can't find anything that works
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Jaski wrote:I can't find the Rainmeter manage thing you are talking about ...
Then you do not have the Rainmeter program installed. Installation info

The program is available from this link.

When you install the Rainmeter program and run it for the first time, illustro default skins will load, and you will have a raindrop icon in the notification area of your task bar. Click that to access Manage, a window that let's you load/unload/edit installed skins and manage other settings.
position.png
Now you can download skins (.rmskin files) and double-click the files to automatically install them in your Skins folder.

The Rainmeter program takes less than a minute to install.
Skins usually install in a few seconds.
:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jaski

Post by Jaski »

eclectic-tech wrote:Then you do not have the Rainmeter program installed. Installation info

The program is available from this link.

When you install the Rainmeter program and run it for the first time, illustro default skins will load, and you will have a raindrop icon in the notification area of your task bar. Click that to access Manage, a window that let's you load/unload/edit installed skins and manage other settings.position.png
Now you can download skins (.rmskin files) and double-click the files to automatically install them in your Skins folder.

The Rainmeter program takes less than a minute to install.
Skins usually install in a few seconds.
:)
I don't see Illustro when I open rainmeter. Where it shows all of the skins is just empty
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Jaski wrote:I don't see Illustro when I open rainmeter. Where it shows all of the skins is just empty
Do clean uninstall and re-install.

You should see ... these skins
illustrodefault.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.