It is currently April 18th, 2024, 7:24 am

Gnometer Gmail has stopped working help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jckinncik

Gnometer Gmail has stopped working help

Post by jckinncik »

Anybody know whats going on with the Gmail skin for Gnometer? I havent changed my password or any settings, it has just stopped showing my email count and its stuck on 0 emails. I tried putting in my password again and unblocking it from my Antivirus, but nothing has helped.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gnometer Gmail has stopped working help

Post by eclectic-tech »

jckinncik wrote:Anybody know whats going on with the Gmail skin for Gnometer? I havent changed my password or any settings, it has just stopped showing my email count and its stuck on 0 emails. I tried putting in my password again and unblocking it from my Antivirus, but nothing has helped.
Working fine for me. Tested all variants. The problem is not with the skin; check your Google account settings? :???:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Make sure you exit and restart Rainmeter or reboot your computer.

Also, check with gmail to see if it has detected a login attempt from a new IP address or device and is blocking access to that device. It will often do that if your IP address changes and it doesn't recognize your device. Generally it will send a security alert email to you, with a link where you can confirm "Yes, that was me".

Happens with some regularity to me, when I connect via my VPN, it uses some random IP address from some random city, and my gmail Rainmeter skin updates. Google quivers with suspicion, blocks the skin, and fires off a warning email to me.

You can also access this here:

https://myaccount.google.com/security
jckinncik

Post by jckinncik »

I went to the Google page and clicked yes that was me on everything and I also allowed it acces on my Antivirus and its still not working.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jckinncik wrote:I went to the Google page and clicked yes that was me on everything and I also allowed it acces on my Antivirus and its still not working.
Have you restarted Rainmeter, as jsmorley said? If you did and still not working check the password. Is it for sure set up correctly?
If so, please check another skin. There are a lot of such skins either here (in the Share Your Creations) or on DeviantArt. Download and install any of them and let us know if it does work.
For example:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=122925#p122925
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=144041#p144041
jckinncik

Post by jckinncik »

Restarted my computer today and it seems to be working now, thanks guys. I had to allow less secure apps in Google.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jckinncik wrote:Restarted my computer today and it seems to be working now
I don't think restarting the computer should have been required. Instead I think restarting Rainmeter should have been enough, but finally even restarting the computer, was another option.
When you're working with skins using WebParser measures, you always have to keep in mind to restart Rainmeter, if the skin stops working: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=136507#p136507
jckinncik

Post by jckinncik »

Do I need a Gcal URL or is that optional?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jckinncik wrote:Do I need a Gcal URL or is that optional?
You don't need it to access mail.
GCal is optional, but as far as I know, the calendar hasn't worked for quite a while.
jckinncik

Post by jckinncik »

Ok ha, I figured out that, that was for the calendar which I don't use