It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:42 am

[Help] Rainmeter and Start10 possible issue.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Lyxavier

[Help] Rainmeter and Start10 possible issue.

Post by Lyxavier »

Hello

I've been using Rainmeter for a good while now and know how to edit skins etc.

I currently a have FountainOC equalizer "on desktop" behind my taskbar and everything was fine until last week where I updated from November to Fall creators update.

I've also started to use start10 and from what I can tell since then, it's introduced a bug where if I have windows open everything was as it was before. But now when nothing is open rainmeter (FOC) will appear in front of my taskbar. When I click on the taskbar FOC shoots back to going behind like it should be, but when I click on another window on another monitor or even click on the desktop, it pops in front of the taskbar. the only was I can get it to behave is when I have a window on that monitor open, fullscreen or clicked on the taskbar.

Im not sure what to do TBH...

Thanks for the help in advance.
-Lyx.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Help] Rainmeter and Start10 possible issue.

Post by SilverAzide »

I'm not having any issues with Rainmeter and Start10 (and Windows 10 FCU); however, I do not have dual monitors like you do. Do all skins behave like FOC? Try using the illustro ones to see if the problem happens with those as well. Make sure the skin's position setting is "On desktop".
rick-t-fiedrain

Post by rick-t-fiedrain »

I use Start 10 ... I'm using multiple monitors .. and have run into no such problems.
I downloaded the Fountain Of Colors skin, loaded some music and moved it to the taskbar. Out of the box without any changes to the FOC skin it displayed UNDER the taskbar as shown below.
fountainofcolors.png
Below is a look at the skin settings in Rainmeter that produced FOC under the taskbar.
foc rainmeter settings.png
The only way I could get FOC to display over the taskbar was adjusting the "position" setting on the management console from "NORMAL" (default as shown above) to either "TOPMOST" or "STAY TOPMOST".

There are two other places to make adjustments that might affect things: The Start10 settings pages and the Windows 10 settings page for the taskbar. I dinked around with various settings on both of those and could not bring the equalizer in front of the taskbar with any changes.

I'll gladly take screen grabs of all five settings pages for Start10 and the Windows taskbar settings if you want to try to mirror my settings to hopefully fix your issue.

Just let me know.

RICK
rick-t-fiedrain

Just to be thorough ... I just realized I was using the a December version of Rainmeter 4.2 for the information in the above post. I updated to the latest beta. Same results.
RICK
Lyxavier

Post by Lyxavier »

SilverAzide wrote:I'm not having any issues with Rainmeter and Start10 (and Windows 10 FCU); however, I do not have dual monitors like you do. Do all skins behave like FOC? Try using the illustro ones to see if the problem happens with those as well. Make sure the skin's position setting is "On desktop".

Will test Illustro when Im back home. and yeah FOC was set "on desktop" Ill get a gif of it later for you.
Lyxavier

Post by Lyxavier »

rick-t-fiedrain wrote:Just to be thorough ... I just realized I was using the a December version of Rainmeter 4.2 for the information in the above post. I updated to the latest beta. Same results.
RICK

Ill be able to grab screenshots whne im back home, AFAIA Both Rainmeter and Start10 are up-to date, FOC is "on Desktop" I double checked to make sure im not going mad. Whem im back ill grab a gif of it later for you to see.
rick-t-fiedrain

I went ahead and bundled up screen grabs of all my settings for the following places:

Windows / Personalization / Start
Windows / Personalization / Taskbar
Windows / Personalization / Taskbar - System Icons Area
Windows / Personalization / Taskbar - Icon visibility on the taskbar
Start10 / Style
Start10 / Style - Appearance
Start10 / Style - Configure
Start10 / Control
Start10 / Desktop
Start10 / About
Rainmeter Management / FOC settings poage
Rainmeter Management / Settings page with version info etc.

The rar archive with all of the above can be downloaded from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b888vni9zn8qmot/winRAINstart10.rar

Hope that helps.

RICK
Lyxavier

Post by Lyxavier »

rick-t-fiedrain wrote:I went ahead and bundled up screen grabs of all my settings for the following places:

Windows / Personalization / Start
Windows / Personalization / Taskbar
Windows / Personalization / Taskbar - System Icons Area
Windows / Personalization / Taskbar - Icon visibility on the taskbar
Start10 / Style
Start10 / Style - Appearance
Start10 / Style - Configure
Start10 / Control
Start10 / Desktop
Start10 / About
Rainmeter Management / FOC settings poage
Rainmeter Management / Settings page with version info etc.

The rar archive with all of the above can be downloaded from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b888vni9zn8qmot/winRAINstart10.rar

Hope that helps.

RICK

Ill get a copy of all my settings later but heres a video for now, Hope it helps;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyBO62mIXkg