It is currently April 18th, 2024, 1:07 pm

Setting one single VisBubble Audio Source?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ZoleGam

Setting one single VisBubble Audio Source?

Post by ZoleGam »

I recently installed VisBubble and was wondering if I can somehow set it to only visually show movement when one Set source I choose/set is playing the sound i.e Only show movement when Groove Music is playing but when i pull up a vid on youtube it doesn't move. Any ideas?
Ty for any help!
-Zole
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Setting one single VisBubble Audio Source?

Post by balala »

Let's see if I understood well your question (sorry, my English probably isn't good enough): you'd like to make the skin to work only when Groove Music is playing, never otherwise. Am I right?
ZoleGam

Post by ZoleGam »

Yes, correct! Any ideas?
Ty!
-Zole
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ZoleGam wrote:Yes, correct! Any ideas?
Idea yes, but I'm not sure how to make it to properly work. Problem is that Groove Music a so called modern app, launched in Win10. It's easy to check if a "normal" app is running, but I'm not sure how can be checked the same thing for these new apps. I think I read once something about this, but I can't find it. Maybe someone has an idea?
Because if we could check if the app is running, would be simple to achieve what you'd like: we could block or enable the skin, depending if Groove is or isn't running.
ZoleGam

Post by ZoleGam »

it can be some other normal music playing app you suggest, it just can't be youtube! :D
Ty again!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ZoleGam wrote:it can be some other normal music playing app you suggest, it just can't be youtube! :D
Not sure I follow: does YouTube have a music player app? I don't know about it.
ZoleGam

Post by ZoleGam »

What I want, is that the vis bubble skin reacts to one specific music app, doesn't matter which, you can choose. But it shouldn't react to chrome(youtube) and any game I play, instead, ONLY to this specific music app. Sorry for being so unclear, my English is pretty bad.. Any ideas?
-Zole
ZoleGam

Post by ZoleGam »

I didn't get that, can I lock it to one specific application or not? if yes how? specific meter code?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ZoleGam wrote:What I want, is that the vis bubble skin reacts to one specific music app, doesn't matter which, you can choose. But it shouldn't react to chrome(youtube) and any game I play, instead, ONLY to this specific music app.
What can be done is to create eg a PerfMon plugin measure, which can check if the player app is loaded. If it is, the plugin measure should have to enable the parent AudioLevel plugin measure, otherwise it should have to disable it. So, when the player is loaded, the skin works, when it's not, the skin doesn't work.
The problem is that if the app is loaded, the skin interacts with every sound, not just with the player app. I don't think there would be a solution to make it to interact just with one, well specified app (at least I don't know about a such one).
Maybe eclectic-tech, an expert of the AudioLevel plugin, can give us a better idea?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote:it wil be the webnowplaying plugin
The WebNowPlaying plugin isn't good. ZoleGam wants exactly the skin to interact with certain music player app, but not with YouTube.
Ok, it started to clarify in my mind. I'd do the followings: if the player isn't very important, I'd choose one (to be much simpler, let's start with WMP, which I think is installed to most of us, later it can be changes easily). I'd create a NowPlaying measure, which would return the state of the player. If the player is playing, the skin should have to work. If the player is paused, the skin would have to be disabled. If the player is stopped or closed, the skin should have to be the same way disabled, or even better it should have to be unloaded.
The problem is that as I said, I think if the player is playing, the AudioVisualizer plugin interacts with any sound, not just with that of the player.
So, ZoleGam, please let me (us) know if this would be ok. If it would be, I'll start to write the basics of the needed code(s).