It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:16 pm

Monstercat Equalizer Bar Width glitch

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
OniKunIsGr8

Monstercat Equalizer Bar Width glitch

Post by OniKunIsGr8 »

So, basically, the Monstercat Equalizer keeps having a strange glitch (through multiple reinstalls) where the second I click the "Bar Width" scaler in the Settings menu, it reverts to 0 and stays that way. Whether someone could help me solve this glitch, or just tell me where to look to alter the bar width manually in the .ini's, that would be great. Please and thank you in advance.

I'm running Win7 64-bit; please feel free to ask me for any and all additional necessary info about specs and whatnot.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Monstercat Equalizer Bar Width glitch

Post by balala »

Ok, I installed the mentioned skin and it seems you're right, I got the same behavior: if I click the mentioned bar, it turns to 0 and stays there if I click again it. But I could it get to increase with mouse scroll. This seems to be the only way to increase it. At least this works.
Does it for you, too?
I'm on Win 10, but I don't think the OS would have any importance.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Monstercat Equalizer Bar Width glitch

Post by balala »

In the meantime I figured out something: it seems there is a problem with the formula used in the !WriteKeyValue and !SetVariable bangs of the LeftMouseDownAction option (to be honest, this option should have to be a LeftMouseUpAction, but never mind) of the [MeterSliderBarWidth] bar meter. There is an extremely simple way to fix it. Replace those formulas with the much simpler $MouseX:%$:

Code: Select all

[MeterSliderBarWidth]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables BarWidth "$MouseX:%$" "#@#variables.ini"][!SetVariable BarWidth "$MouseX:%$"][!Redraw][!CommandMeasure MeasureMouseBarWidth Start]
Please let me know if this approach fixed the issue.