It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:28 pm

Image change with new month

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
chaser_dracodi

Image change with new month

Post by chaser_dracodi »

hello, i tried to create skin that will be display one of twelve images, one image per month.
Based on something that i found in this forum i create something like this but its not working.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
TimeFormat=%m

[MonthlyImage]
Measure=MeasureTime
Substitute="1":"kalen 1.jpg","2":"kalen 2.jpg","3":"kalen 3.jpg","4":"kalen 4.jpg","5":"kalen 

5.jpg","6":"kalen 6.jpg","7":"kalen 7.jpg", "8":"kalen 8.jpg","9":"kalen 9.jpg","10":"kalen 

10.jpg", "11":"kalen 11.jpg","12":"kalen 12.jpg"
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterDay]
Meter=Image
ImageName=[MonthlyImage]
DynamicVariables=1
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Image change with new month

Post by balala »

There are more possibilities to achieve something like this. I'd use the following one:

[Rainmeter]

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%#m
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#=1)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeterDay ImageName "Image-For-January.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterDay"][!Redraw]
IfCondition2=(#CURRENTSECTION#=2)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetOption MeterDay ImageName "Image-For-February.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterDay"][!Redraw]
IfCondition3=(#CURRENTSECTION#=3)
IfTrueAction3=[!SetOption MeterDay ImageName "Image-For-March.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterDay"][!Redraw]
IfCondition4=(#CURRENTSECTION#=4)
IfTrueAction4=[!SetOption MeterDay ImageName "Image-For-April.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterDay"][!Redraw]
IfCondition5=(#CURRENTSECTION#=5)
IfTrueAction5=[!SetOption MeterDay ImageName "Image-For-May.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterDay"][!Redraw]
IfCondition6=(#CURRENTSECTION#=6)
IfTrueAction6=[!SetOption MeterDay ImageName "Image-For-June.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterDay"][!Redraw]
IfCondition7=(#CURRENTSECTION#=7)
IfTrueAction7=[!SetOption MeterDay ImageName "Image-For-July.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterDay"][!Redraw]
IfCondition8=(#CURRENTSECTION#=8)
IfTrueAction8=[!SetOption MeterDay ImageName "Image-For-August.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterDay"][!Redraw]
IfCondition9=(#CURRENTSECTION#=9)
IfTrueAction9=[!SetOption MeterDay ImageName "Image-For-September.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterDay"][!Redraw]
IfCondition10=(#CURRENTSECTION#=10)
IfTrueAction10=[!SetOption MeterDay ImageName "Image-For-October.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterDay"][!Redraw]
IfCondition11=(#CURRENTSECTION#=11)
IfTrueAction11=[!SetOption MeterDay ImageName "Image-For-November.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterDay"][!Redraw]
IfCondition12=(#CURRENTSECTION#=12)
IfTrueAction12=[!SetOption MeterDay ImageName "Image-For-December.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterDay"][!Redraw]

[MeterDay]
Meter=Image
UpdateDivider=-1
I added some IfConditions directly to the [MeasureTime] measure, which returns the month. Note that:
  • a Time measure doesn't have a TimeFormat option, just a Format option (fixed).
  • I modified a bit the Format initial option, to remove the leading zeros (used Format=%[color=#FF0000]#[/color]m, instead of the initial Format=%m)
The !SetOption bangs used in the IfTrueAction options set the appropriate image to the [MeterDay] image meter. Because the image used into this meter is changing onlz once per month, I added an UpdateDivider=-1 option to the [MeterDay] meter (to avoid its update), then I updated it through the !UpdateMeter bangs of the IfTrueAction options.
I completely removed the [MonthlyImage] measure, because it's not needed any more.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

My simple try...

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%#m
Substitute="1":"kalen 1.jpg","2":"kalen 2.jpg","3":"kalen 3.jpg","4":"kalen 4.jpg","5":"kalen 5.jpg","6":"kalen 6.jpg","7":"kalen 7.jpg", "8":"kalen 8.jpg","9":"kalen 9.jpg","10":"kalen 10.jpg", "11":"kalen 11.jpg","12":"kalen 12.jpg"

[MeterDay]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=MeasureTime
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote:My simple try...

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%#m
Substitute="1":"kalen 1.jpg","2":"kalen 2.jpg","3":"kalen 3.jpg","4":"kalen 4.jpg","5":"kalen 5.jpg","6":"kalen 6.jpg","7":"kalen 7.jpg", "8":"kalen 8.jpg","9":"kalen 9.jpg","10":"kalen 10.jpg", "11":"kalen 11.jpg","12":"kalen 12.jpg"

[MeterDay]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=MeasureTime
The substitution solution can definitely work, but not this way (sorry mak_kawa). The problem is that those substitutions are made in order. So, eg In November, when the [MeasureTime] returns 11, in the order of the substitutions the 1 is before 11, so both 1s will be substituted by the kalen 1.jpg image, and the substituted value of the measure will look, instead of what it should have to be (kalen 11.jpg), like kalen 1.jpgkalen 1.jpg (both digits 1 substituted by kalen 1.jpg).
In such cases you have to use the regular expression substitution. Replace the posted Substitute option with the following two:

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%#m
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^1$":"kalen 1.jpg","^2$":"kalen 2.jpg","^3$":"kalen 3.jpg","^4$":"kalen 4.jpg","^5$":"kalen 5.jpg","^6$":"kalen 6.jpg","^7$":"kalen 7.jpg", "^8$":"kalen 8.jpg","^9$":"kalen 9.jpg","^10$":"kalen 10.jpg", "^11$":"kalen 11.jpg","^12$":"kalen 12.jpg"
In this case the substitutions are made only if the whole value returned by the measure is 1, 2 and so on, accordingly.
Last edited by balala on February 18th, 2018, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala

Yes, I was missing the "order" of substitution. Sorry. :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote:Yes, I was missing the "order" of substitution. Sorry. :)
No, not the order. Reordering them isn't enough, I think. Or at least it'd be very hard to achieve the proper substitution.
ChicknwithNoName

Post by ChicknwithNoName »

You need to use %#m instead, to remove the leading zero.

Otherwise, you can omit the substitution routine altogether with something simpler.

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%#m

[MeterDay]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=MeasureTime
ImageName=kalen %1.jpg
DynamicVariables=1
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ChicknwithNoName wrote:You need to use %#m instead, to remove the leading zero.

Otherwise, you can omit the substitution routine altogether with something simpler.
As usual, there are more possibilities.