It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:11 pm

DesktopWorkArea

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

DesktopWorkArea

Post by Mor3bane »

Hi
I am trying to use DesktopWorkArea to force load a skin which is activated through the context menu, on a specific monitor.
I have three, and DesktopWorkArea@3 does not seem to do this.

My code:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=5000
DesktopWorkArea@3
Also in SublimeText the DesktopWorkArea@3 does not appear to be colored as would a correctly typed function.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: DesktopWorkArea

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote:I have three, and DesktopWorkArea@3 does not seem to do this.
DesktopWorkArea@3 is related to the fourth monitor, not to the third. They are indexed from 0, not from 1. So, for the third screen, try to work with DesktopWorkArea@2.
Also note that using the DesktopWorkArea@3 option (or whatever index) without a value (in the [Rainmeter] section) is meaningless. You have to add four numbers, which define the area for the maximized windows.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote:
Also note that using the DesktopWorkArea@3 option (or whatever index) without a value (in the [Rainmeter] section) is meaningless. You have to add four numbers, which define the area for the maximized windows.[/quote]
[color=#BF40FF]Balala[/color] can you please clarify this? Specifically the "four numbers"?
Just poking at it, it seems that I have to define the size of the window? I am trying to place a meter[u] skin [/u]by default to a specific monitor, not a "window"...

Is there a parameter format for the four numbers?
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

What you mean by
Mor3bane wrote:a meter skin
?
I suppose you want to place certain skin to a specific screen.
If so, you have to just drag the appropriate skin to the appropriate screen, using your mouse.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote:your prim. monitor is @0 ...... so your 4th monitor is @3 i think you wanna know this... :17oops
your saying you have 3 monitors.... so you have 0,1,2 :D
Right. That's exactly what I also said in my first reply, above.
:17nodding
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

dvo wrote:your prim. monitor is @0 ...... so your 4th monitor is @3 i think you wanna know this... :17oops
your saying you have 3 monitors.... so you have 0,1,2 :D
Ah yes, thanks balala and dvo.

The "four numbers" means a choice between the possible number of screens where your example mentioned having 4 monitors.

Got it.
:17good
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote:Got it.
I'm glad. :thumbup: