It is currently April 18th, 2024, 7:25 pm

Weather.com broken (again)?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Weather.com broken (again)?

Post by Mor3bane »

Hi,
So just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with Weather.com reporting?

My weather skins are not updating and not reporting any values.

:17angry
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
CyberTheWorm

Re: Weather.com broken (again)?

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Mine are working fine
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Same here, no problems.
Some hiccups may happen, mostly on the update frequency, not so often updated every 30 minutes, mostly every hour.

Sometimes it's frustrating, but hey... it's free.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote:So just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with Weather.com reporting?

My weather skins are not updating and not reporting any values.
Same as for CyberTheWorm, fonpaolo and dvo, no problem neither here. However weather.com is known for occasional errors, on certain locations. Usually these errors are fixed sooner or later.
So, first I recommend to restart Rainmeter. The skins using WebParser (plugin) measures, sometimes stop working and in these cases many times a restart of Rainmeter helps: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=136507#p136507
If nor after a restart it still doesn't work and you want, please post here your weather code. I'd check that code, to see if here is working. If it neither will, means a weather.com error and in such situation, the only thing you can do is to wait for the fix.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Thanks everyone.

I was refresh all-ing.

A restart did the trick.

:17group
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote:A restart did the trick.
Always take into account this detail, when you're using/working with skins which use WebParser measures.
I'm glad your issue is fixed.