It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:05 am

Correct location code but displaying wrong temperature

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jumi

Re: Correct location code but displaying wrong temperature

Post by jumi »

jsmorley wrote:I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Last updated (observation time) at 8:56, it will be 1/2 hour in about 3 minutes... We will see. It's also possible that it varies a bit depending on the "station" that the observation is done at.

Edit: So the next observation was a 9:56, one hour later, but it didn't actually show up in the feed until 10:02. I think there is something amiss with the wxdata feed, hopefully temporary. Getting an update once an hour isn't the end of the world, but sorta annoying...

Edit: Yeah, the next observation was a 10:56. So at least it's consistent.
Well I was under the impression that it wasn't an update problem but with the actual feed itself. Whether it's regularly update or not, the temperature will always be wrong by a really large margin. And something that I've noticed is that it will always be 32ºC by the entire day and it'll lower to 22ºc through the entire night. The average max for my city is 35ºC and the lower is usually 26~28ºC (mid-summer).

I was wondering if I could use a different feed like Yahoo? Although I've read that their change in API made it difficult to use with rainmeter.