It is currently April 24th, 2024, 9:37 am

Problems with !WriteKeyValue.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
JediWarrior

Problems with !WriteKeyValue.

Post by JediWarrior »

Hello Everyone,
Nearly there now I promise but obviously not quiet. The skin Im coding consists of 2 "control" panels that control various functions via icons. There are also 3 small skins that act as a toggle for the main skin when not in use, they also double as a general toggle if double clicked., Any way Eclectic Tech sorted a lot of the code out for me to have the toggle work on the panel that you're using and then change the variable name via

Code: Select all

!WriteKeyValue
if you started using the other panel. The two panels are called LitePanel and SquarePanel. The problem I'm having is that if I'm using the LitePanel and toggle it away, when I click the toggle again to return the LitePanel it always brings back the SquarePanel. The variable the toggle relies on is in the Variables.inc file [panel=] but I'm not really sure if I've got it right by leaving it "open". Can anyone please advise 'cus it really is making me grumpy[er] . I've tried to attach the file as a .rmsk file but it keeps telling me the file is too big ????? Does anyone know what that may be as well .Thanks..... :17angry :17angry :17drums :17drums :17what :17what
It has been scientifically proven that racists,homophobes and all bigots are considerably less intelligent than people who see difference as a positive thing. The report also states that this is especially true of people who wont accept this as a fact but still deny being a racist, homophobe or bigot. :p :p :p
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Problems with !WriteKeyValue.

Post by balala »

JediWarrior wrote:I've tried to attach the file as a .rmsk file but it keeps telling me the file is too big ?????
Upload it to any file host service (eg FileFactory - but obviously you can use any other, too) and post the link, please.
JediWarrior

Post by JediWarrior »

Hi Balala,
Thank you my friend for being there. Sorry I didn't get straight back to you but been mad for a couple of days.
I finally got round to finding a file hosting service and post my skin to it. The .rmskn file is at

https://nofile.io/f/bSN9g1zsDMr/PowerPair_TMTR.rmskin

Hope that is ok and Thanks for having a look for me.. :17nodding :17drums :17drums :17nodding
It has been scientifically proven that racists,homophobes and all bigots are considerably less intelligent than people who see difference as a positive thing. The report also states that this is especially true of people who wont accept this as a fact but still deny being a racist, homophobe or bigot. :p :p :p
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

JediWarrior wrote: I finally got round to finding a file hosting service and post my skin to it. The .rmskn file is at

https://nofile.io/f/bSN9g1zsDMr/PowerPair_TMTR.rmskin

Hope that is ok
I'm sorry, but it's not. It's quite large and otherwise it would be ok, but the package is invalide:
I even tried to change the extension of the downloaded file and unzip it, but nor that is possible.
So, please re-upload it.
JediWarrior

Post by JediWarrior »

Hello Balala,
I'm so sorry for wasting your time. I haven,t figured out the problem yet, but when i,ve done it I will let you know. Thanks :17nodding :17nodding :17angry :17angry :17oops :17oops
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

JediWarrior wrote:Hello Balala,
I'm so sorry for wasting your time. I haven,t figured out the problem yet, but when i,ve done it I will let you know. Thanks :17nodding :17nodding :17angry :17angry :17oops :17oops
Ok, as you wish. However if you need further help, please repack the config and re-upload it. As I said the previous package was corrupt, something went wrong there.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

JediWarrior wrote:Hello Everyone,
Nearly there now I promise but obviously not quiet. The skin Im coding consists of 2 "control" panels that control various functions via icons. There are also 3 small skins that act as a toggle for the main skin when not in use, they also double as a general toggle if double clicked., Any way Eclectic Tech sorted a lot of the code out for me to have the toggle work on the panel that you're using and then change the variable name via

Code: Select all

!WriteKeyValue
if you started using the other panel. The two panels are called LitePanel and SquarePanel. The problem I'm having is that if I'm using the LitePanel and toggle it away, when I click the toggle again to return the LitePanel it always brings back the SquarePanel. The variable the toggle relies on is in the Variables.inc file [panel=] but I'm not really sure if I've got it right by leaving it "open". Can anyone please advise 'cus it really is making me grumpy[er] . I've tried to attach the file as a .rmsk file but it keeps telling me the file is too big ????? Does anyone know what that may be as well .Thanks..... :17angry :17angry :17drums :17drums :17what :17what
I have a version of your PowerPair that was posted a short time ago...
There are 2 things you need to correct in the panel skins.

In the squarepanel.ini skin, remove the semicolon in front of the OnRefreshAction in the [Rainmeter] section; that is what sets the panel variable to the current panel when the skin is loaded or refreshed.

In the LitePanel.ini you removed "[Rainmeter]" as the first line of the skin, so the OnRefreshAction never happens, and the other settings assume the default Rainmeter values.

With those 2 changes, the last panel used should be toggled when the toggle skins are clicked.

Hope this helps, but we may have different coding.
JediWarrior

Post by JediWarrior »

Thank You John,
Problem solved, it was that missing [rainmeter] at the top of the .ini file. As soon as I've crossed the t's and dotted the i's I,ll post it on DA. Oh and I've just got core membership on DA so thats solved my file sharing problems with sta.sh. And Balala Thank you for your interest aswell I'm sorry I wasted your time but you have to make allowances for us beginners...lol..I wish I was a beginner at life I'd do so many things differently. But anyway Thank You again, both of you. You are my heroes :17nodding :17nodding :17drums :17drums :17good :17good
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Glad that took care of it :welcome: