It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:13 pm

Fountain of Colors visualizer suddenly stop working.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
TangyLemon

Fountain of Colors visualizer suddenly stop working.

Post by TangyLemon »

Fountain of Colors used to work for my however all of a sudden it stop working. Before upon start up, the bars would appear when I start playing music from Spotify but now the visualizer doesn't show up at all. It has been like that for the past 2 times I started up my computer. I checked if the visualizer was loaded or not and it was loaded so now I'm really confused. I also checked the settings itself and all of it seemed the same.

Here is the log file from Rainmeter:
DBUG (14:53:11.000) Fountain of Colors (2018-01-11_153706)\Fountain of Colors.ini: !WriteKeyValue: Writing to: D:/Rainmeter\Fountain of Colors (2018-01-11_153706)\@Resources\Variables.inc
DBUG (14:53:11.008) Fountain of Colors (2018-01-11_153706)\Fountain of Colors.ini: !WriteKeyValue: Writing to: D:/Rainmeter\Fountain of Colors (2018-01-11_153706)\@Resources\Variables.inc
DBUG (14:53:11.015) Fountain of Colors (2018-01-11_153706)\Fountain of Colors.ini: !WriteKeyValue: Writing to: D:/Rainmeter\Fountain of Colors (2018-01-11_153706)\@Resources\Variables.inc
DBUG (14:53:11.022) Fountain of Colors (2018-01-11_153706)\Fountain of Colors.ini: !WriteKeyValue: Writing to: D:/Rainmeter\Fountain of Colors (2018-01-11_153706)\@Resources\Variables.inc
DBUG (14:53:11.028) Fountain of Colors (2018-01-11_153706)\Fountain of Colors.ini: !WriteKeyValue: Writing to: D:/Rainmeter\Fountain of Colors (2018-01-11_153706)\@Resources\Variables.inc
DBUG (14:53:11.034) Fountain of Colors (2018-01-11_153706)\Fountain of Colors.ini: !WriteKeyValue: Writing to: D:/Rainmeter\Fountain of Colors (2018-01-11_153706)\@Resources\Variables.inc
DBUG (14:53:11.041) Fountain of Colors (2018-01-11_153706)\Fountain of Colors.ini: !WriteKeyValue: Writing to: D:/Rainmeter\Fountain of Colors (2018-01-11_153706)\@Resources\Variables.inc
WARN (14:53:11.161) : Failed to initialize audio client.
DBUG (14:53:11.168) : Releasing dummy stream audio device.
DBUG (14:53:11.180) : Releasing audio device.
WARN (14:53:11.279) : Failed to initialize audio client.
DBUG (14:53:11.286) : Releasing dummy stream audio device.
DBUG (14:53:11.298) : Releasing audio device.
WARN (14:53:11.400) : Failed to initialize audio client.
DBUG (14:53:11.407) : Releasing dummy stream audio device.
DBUG (14:53:11.420) : Releasing audio device.
DBUG (14:53:12.261) : Releasing dummy stream audio device.
DBUG (14:53:12.274) : Releasing audio device.
WARN (14:53:12.376) : Failed to initialize audio client.
DBUG (14:53:12.383) : Releasing dummy stream audio device.
DBUG (14:53:12.396) : Releasing audio device.

Edit: I tried reinstalling FoC however when I loaded Fountain of Colors.ini the following message appeared. 'The skin "Fountain of Colors\Fountain of Colors.ini" does not contain any meters and will be deactivated.
The file may be damaged or may not be a valid skin.'

I tried doing a clean reinstall but it still says the same thing.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Fountain of Colors visualizer suddenly stop working.

Post by balala »

TangyLemon wrote:Edit: I tried reinstalling FoC however when I loaded Fountain of Colors.ini the following message appeared. 'The skin "Fountain of Colors\Fountain of Colors.ini" does not contain any meters and will be deactivated.
The file may be damaged or may not be a valid skin.'

I tried doing a clean reinstall but it still says the same thing.
Where have you downloaded that skin from? Please post a link, to can check.
TangyLemon

Post by TangyLemon »

I got it from the DeviantArt page: https://alatsombath.deviantart.com/art/Fountain-of-Colors-desktop-music-visualizer-518894563
It seems like other people are having this issue too.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

TangyLemon wrote:I got it from the DeviantArt page: https://alatsombath.deviantart.com/art/Fountain-of-Colors-desktop-music-visualizer-518894563
It seems like other people are having this issue too.
According to the log you posted, the plugin "Failed to initialize audio client" after several attempts to read your folders. This usually happens if you have software running on your machine that has taken exclusive control of the audio feed; Nahamic, Sonic, and several other programs cause this. They usually run automatically on startup. The only solution is to disable or remove those programs.

Take a look at Tip #8 in the troubleshooting guide.

Another thing to check is to make sure you read/write privileges on the folders on drive D: ... Those type of visualizers generate the meters dynamically when they run; it appears the scripts that do that, are not able to read/write to the installed folder, and never create any meters. That is why Rainmeter reports that there are no meters in the skin and closes it.

Hope some of this helps solve your issue. :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:According to the log you posted, the plugin "Failed to initialize audio client" after several attempts to read your folders. This usually happens if you have software running on your machine that has taken exclusive control of the audio feed; Nahamic, Sonic, and several other programs cause this. They usually run automatically on startup. The only solution is to disable or remove those programs.

Another thing to check is to make sure you read/write privileges on the folders on drive D: ... Those type of visualizers generate the meters dynamically when they run; it appears the scripts that do that, are not able to read/write to the installed folder, and never create any meters. That is why Rainmeter reports that there are no meters in the skin and closes it.

Hope some of this helps solve your issue. :)
Have you tried checking the Fountain of Colors? Because I just downloaded and installed it and although I have complete privileges (both reading and writing) on my d: drive (where my Skins folder is), I get the same error message that "The skin "Fountain of Colors\Fountain of Colors.ini" does not contain any meters and will be deactivated." After a deeper look into the installed config, I figured out that the main skin has an included file (@Include=#@#FountainOfColors.inc). I went to the FountainOfColors.inc, wanting to check its content, but there is another included file, @Include=#@#Bands.inc (along with other three, not completed - empty Include options). Going to the Bands.inc file, surprise: it's empty! I think that's why the initial skin can't be loaded. Also empty is the CalcMeasures.inc file, from the same @Resources folder.
Am I mistaken or the Fountain of Colors skins is corrupted?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

@balala
That is not good! The newest download may be corrupted :jawdrop

My version is 3.4.6 (November 2015) and is working...

I remember troubleshooting an issue where the number of bands was set to -1 in the included variables file.
To correct I had to manually set that value to a positive number, save the file, and load the 'GenerateBands.ini' to correct it.

Can you try loading the 'GenerateBands' skin and see if it corrects the issue?

If not, then the author may need to contacted... :x
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:I remember troubleshooting an issue where the number of bands was set to -1 in the included variables file.
To correct I had to manually set that value to a positive number, save the file, and load the 'GenerateBands.ini' to correct it.

Can you try loading the 'GenerateBands' skin and see if it corrects the issue?

If not, then the author may need to contacted... :x
Yep, you were right, loading the 'GenerateBands.ini' have filled up the Bands.inc with 59 AudioLevel plugin measures and the appropriate 59 Bar meters.
But I think the author should have to mention this somewhere. Or he did and I missed?
TangyLemon

Post by TangyLemon »

eclectic-tech wrote:According to the log you posted, the plugin "Failed to initialize audio client" after several attempts to read your folders. This usually happens if you have software running on your machine that has taken exclusive control of the audio feed; Nahamic, Sonic, and several other programs cause this. They usually run automatically on startup. The only solution is to disable or remove those programs.

I have looked at Tip #8 just like you stated and I followed the instructions followed there. However nothing has changed.

But I am not sure how to check the read/write privileges on the folders. I did find a read-only check box by right-clicking the Rainmeter folder and going to properties and it is already checked. Is there another read/write privilege or have I already found it.

Also if the original Fountain of Colors file is corrupt then that means my version of FoC is not usable and I will have to use another visualizer?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

TangyLemon wrote:I have looked at Tip #8 just like you stated and I followed the instructions followed there. However nothing has changed.

But I am not sure how to check the read/write privileges on the folders. I did find a read-only check box by right-clicking the Rainmeter folder and going to properties and it is already checked. Is there another read/write privilege or have I already found it.

Also if the original Fountain of Colors file is corrupt then that means my version of FoC is not usable and I will have to use another visualizer?
As we've discussed with eclectic-tech above (see there), probably the skin is not corrupted, but there is a trick. The author should have to explain this detail, but he didn't. So, first load the GenerateBands\GenerateBands.ini skin. You'll see nothing on the screen, when loaded, the skin is immediately unloaded, but it populates the initially empty @Resources\Bands.inc file with the appropriate measures and meter. After this give another try to the main skin. It should load with no problems.
TangyLemon

Post by TangyLemon »

balala wrote:As we've discussed with eclectic-tech above (see there), probably the skin is not corrupted, but there is a trick. The author should have to explain this detail, but he didn't. So, first load the GenerateBands\GenerateBands.ini skin. You'll see nothing on the screen, when loaded, the skin is immediately unloaded, but it populates the initially empty @Resources\Bands.inc file with the appropriate measures and meter. After this give another try to the main skin. It should load with no problems.

I did what you stated and the two .ini files did load. However when I loaded Fountain of Colors.ini nothing appeared. The only thing that changed was when I dragged the windows around, it was really laggy.