It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:20 pm

Positioning Visualiser.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
JediWarrior

Positioning Visualiser.

Post by JediWarrior »

Hello All,
I have been ,kindly allowed by Eclectic Tech to use some of the code from his Ace Sound Squares Collection in the skin I'm trying to write. I want to use one of the visualisers from the Sound Squares to add a brilliant visualiser to the control panel/Launcher that will be the fruit of my code writing loom, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to position the visualiser at a specific X,Y location on my background layer. :17angry . Hope someone can help as you've never let me down before. Thanks :17drums :17nodding :17good
It has been scientifically proven that racists,homophobes and all bigots are considerably less intelligent than people who see difference as a positive thing. The report also states that this is especially true of people who wont accept this as a fact but still deny being a racist, homophobe or bigot. :p :p :p
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Positioning Visualiser.

Post by balala »

Probably eclectic-tech should help you, but however, could you post your code, please?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

It can be difficult to position the shape depending on what else you have in the skin. Sound Square visualizers are positioned to start at 1/4 the overall size to prevent clipping during spin rotation.

As balala suggested, you can post your code and tell us what the desired outcome is...
If I am not around, I am sure another person may be able to help.
JediWarrior

Post by JediWarrior »

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for looking at this for me . Ive attached the skin file [PowerPair] and also the combined .ini files for the visualisers I wanted to use/[soundeleipseXYUnion and soundelipseXY2] I wanted the visualiser to be in the middle of the top row of icons. over the red star. Please excuse the unfinished state of the skin but I'm getting there..lol..Again Thanks in anticipation.. P.S. if you mouse over the Gear/Cog icon it will give a sound to check the visualiser with. :17nodding :17drums :17good :17nodding
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It has been scientifically proven that racists,homophobes and all bigots are considerably less intelligent than people who see difference as a positive thing. The report also states that this is especially true of people who wont accept this as a fact but still deny being a racist, homophobe or bigot. :p :p :p
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

JediWarrior wrote:Hi Everyone,
Thanks for looking at this for me . Ive attached the skin file [PowerPair] and also the combined .ini files for the visualisers I wanted to use/[soundeleipseXYUnion and soundelipseXY2] I wanted the visualiser to be in the middle of the top row of icons. over the red star. Please excuse the unfinished state of the skin but I'm getting there..lol..Again Thanks in anticipation.. P.S. if you mouse over the Gear/Cog icon it will give a sound to check the visualiser with. :17nodding :17drums :17good :17nodding
I installed your updated package, but in the only thing I found in the visual2 folder is a shortcut to Notepad++.exe?

Aside: There are 38 references to [Update] in the mouseover/mouseleave actions of both panel skins; I believe you meant those to be [!Update]. This prompts my PC ask me if I want to run Windows Update! Please correct those typos and you need to add a space between 'Play#@#...' in the mouseoveraction of [Hibernate] section of the squarepanel.ini. Typos happen all the time! :)

There is no code for a visualizer included; try posting a new package with the corrections and the visualizer version.

In the meantime, I will look at adding a visualizer where you desire in the my copy of squarepanel.ini. :welcome:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

I looked over your skins and added a visualizer to the squarepanel.ini

I corrected several typos:
Include= ---> @Include=
[Update] ---> [!Update]
#@#/ ---> #@#

Removed duplicate variables for color and trans from the skins; they are in the variables.inc and colors.inc files and are added to the skins using @included=#@#variables.inc

For the visualizier, I added all the needed variables, measures, and meters. I created VizXPos and VizYPos positioning variables. I set those values to position the visualizer over the star. To change the position, just edit those 2 values; if you change the size of the visualizer, you would need to adjust those values. Also changed the line colors to Red (same as the star).

Look over the changes and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. :welcome:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JediWarrior

Post by JediWarrior »

Thank you so much John, I am in total awe at your coding skills, I apologise for the typos and thanks for sorting that for me too. One day when I'm a grown up coder I'll be able to spot these things on my own. ;-) I was wondering why I was having problems with mouseover actions, now I know. Once again Thank You :17nodding :17nodding :17drums :17nodding :17nodding
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Happy to help! :)