It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:42 am

Help: Project Erebus by BlueWolf Productions

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
gus5743

Help: Project Erebus by BlueWolf Productions

Post by gus5743 »

Hey. I downloaded this skin, Project Erebus by BlueWolf Productions on https://bluewolf-productions.deviantart.com/art/Project-Erebus-Open-Beta-321976760 but it's a beta version, so it's not completely done yet. But one of the features from this skin is a file database, where you can access your library folders on the desktop. But it doesn't actually work, since the files don't appear:
.png
I know the files's address is correct because the folder opens on windows explorer when I right-click it. The command used, for example, on the Videos folder is:
  • [VideosSelect]
    meter=image
    Y=5R
    X=14
    W=(#WorkAreaWidth#/2-455)
    H=24
    solidColor=#Color1.1#,0
    RightMouseDownAction=!Execute ["#Videos#"]
    MouseOverAction=!Execute [!SetOption VideosSelect "SolidColor" "#Color1.1#,10"][Update]
    MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!SetOption VideosSelect "SolidColor" "#Color1.1#,0"][Update]
    LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!WriteKeyValue Variables Path "#Videos#" "#ROOTCONFIGPATH#/@Resources/SuiteVariables.inc"][!Refresh]
    LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute [!ShowMeterGroup Database][!HideMeterGroup System][!Update]
    AntiAlias=1
    Hidden=0

[VideosIcon]
    meter=image
    imagename=FileListImages/MoviesFolder.png
    Y=r
    X=44
    W=26
    H=24
    ImageTint=#Color1.1#,225
    SolidColor=#Color1.1#,0
    AntiAlias=1
    Hidden=0

[VideosArchives]
    Meter=STRING
    Y=5r
    X=4R
    W=(#WorkAreaWidth#/2-530)
    H=18
    fontface=#Font1#
    FontSize=10
    StringAlign=Left
    FontColor=#Color1.1#,225
    SolidColor=#Color1.1#,0
    StringStyle=Bold
    StringCase=Upper
    AntiAlias=1
    dynamicvariables=1
    text="Videos"
    Hidden=0
Please, can someone help me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help: Project Erebus by BlueWolf Productions

Post by balala »

gus5743 wrote:Please, can someone help me?
Probably not too easy, because I think the posted skin is old (it was uploaded to DeviantArt on August 19, 2012, so it's older then 5 years) and to show the files, it should use a plugin named FileListPlugin. This seems to be the early name of the FileView plugin, included now in the Rainmeter installation.
However if I tried to replace the plgn variable within the @Resources\SuiteVariables.inc file with FileView (or FileView.dll), it still doesn't work, nor returning nothing.
Probably doesn't worth to try making it to work. As I said, it's an old skin, which would be hard to be made to work properly. Maybe the author could help you easier. If you insist using it, try asking him to help.
Besides these, in a few points, the skin is at least weird. Eg, it uses the @Resources folder as @include1=[color=#FF0000]#ROOTCONFIGPATH#/@Resources/[/color]SuiteVariables.inc, instead of the usual @include1=[color=#00FFA0]#@#[/color]SuiteVariables.inc.
In one word it's an old skin which would be hard to be made to work. Doesn't worth, in my opinion.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Was interested in this (and a little bored :D )...

So I converted the File Database skin to use the FileView plugin instead of the LUA code.

While I was looking at the suite, I corrected the regexp used in the Sat.Link skin to:
:17dot1 Clean up the feed text and
:17dot1 Correctly display the City, Region, WeatherCode, and Latitude/Longitude details.

Also added a 'player' variable so you can set your media player.

And corrected outdated code in most skins.

Try this package...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:So I converted the File Database skin to use the FileView plugin instead of the LUA code.
The original skin, beside the .lua script, also used a plugin. It was the FileListPlugin, which as I said, I think (if I'm not wrong) was the initial name of the plugin now named FileView.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote:The original skin, beside the .lua script, also used a plugin. It was the FileListPlugin, which as I said, I think (if I'm not wrong) was the initial name of the plugin now named FileView.
Brian Ferguson wrote the FileView plugin as an alternative to the FileListPlugin, written by Elestel, because it was very "buggy"! He duplicated FileListPlugin functions, and added a few more features, in a reliable file system plugin. :rosegift:

The original Project Erebus used that plugin and a lua script to write the data for 20 entries; I replaced all of that code using the FileView plugin to obtain most of the same information. I didn't include a description substitution based on file extensions. Other than that it should work as originally intended. :)

Happy New Year!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:Brian Ferguson wrote the FileView plugin as an alternative to the FileListPlugin, written by Elestel, because it was very "buggy"! He duplicated FileListPlugin functions, and added a few more features, in a reliable file system plugin. :rosegift:
Possible. I don't know, just reading somethings here on the forum, I finally concluded the FileView could be the descendant of the FileListPlugin.

Happy New Year to you too.
gus5743

Post by gus5743 »

Thank you guys!

:17good
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Happy to help! :welcome: