It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:58 pm

skins not showing up

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
cantarellaa

skins not showing up

Post by cantarellaa »

Hi!
So I installed Rainmeter on my new laptop and everything was fine for a couple of weeks but then skins weren't showing up anymore. They are installed and I can see that they are loaded but they are not on the screen. I've tried to reinstall Rainmeter but it's not helping. Even the basic Illustro skin did not show up. Please help.
Mor3bane

Re: skins not showing up

Post by Mor3bane »

Is your version up to date? A lot of skins work better on 4.0 or better, and 4.1 is now in release as a non-beta.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
cantarellaa

Post by cantarellaa »

Yes, it is, I have downloaded the newest version possible.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

try checking the X Y location. I had one skin that was placed off my screen.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

cantarellaa wrote:I can see that they are loaded but they are not on the screen. I've tried to reinstall Rainmeter but it's not helping.
I'd say reinstalling Rainmeter usually doesn't help in these cases. If you had the skins loaded and shown up on the screen and they suddenly disappeared, probably nor upgrading Rainmeter doesn't help.
First are you absolutely positive the incriminated skins are loaded? Please first check this detail. Do you know how can you figure out if a skin is loaded?
cantarellaa

Post by cantarellaa »

CyberTheWorm wrote:try checking the X Y location. I had one skin that was placed off my screen.
Unfortunately, that's not the case, the coordinates are set to 0 0 and when I change them, nothing happens.
cantarellaa

Post by cantarellaa »

balala wrote:I'd say reinstalling Rainmeter usually doesn't help in these cases. If you had the skins loaded and shown up on the screen and they suddenly disappeared, probably nor upgrading Rainmeter doesn't help.
First are you absolutely positive the incriminated skins are loaded? Please first check this detail. Do you know how can you figure out if a skin is loaded?
I think they are loaded because the first icon in the right corner (load/unload) is set to unload. That's how you check that, right?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

cantarellaa wrote:I think they are loaded because the first icon in the right corner (load/unload) is set to unload. That's how you check that, right?
Probably you're talking about the Manage window, right? If so, it indeed is loaded.
cantarellaa wrote:Unfortunately, that's not the case, the coordinates are set to 0 0 and when I change them, nothing happens.
Where do you change them? In the Rainmeter.ini? If so, you have to refresh all (at least) or even better close Rainmeter and start it again (eg from the Start menu). Does it become visible after this step?
cantarellaa

Post by cantarellaa »

balala wrote:Probably you're talking about the Manage window, right? If so, it indeed is loaded.

Where do you change them? In the Rainmeter.ini? If so, you have to refresh all (at least) or even better close Rainmeter and start it again (eg from the Start menu). Does it become visible after this step?
I tried it and nothing has happened.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

cantarellaa wrote:I tried it and nothing has happened.
Maybe have you set the skin to transparent?
To see if I'm right, you should have to know where the skin was placed on the screen. If you do know this, right click where it should be, go to Settings -> Transparency. If the skin indeed was set to transparent, you'll see there checked the ~100% setting. Click the 0%.
If on the other hand you don't know where the skin was placed, open Rainmeter.ini, rewrite both the WindowX and WindowY options of the appropriate section to 0, then restart Rainmeter. Now the skin is in the upper left corner of your screen. Follow the above procedure, to set it to non transparent.
If this helped, please let me know. If it doesn't we'll see what else can we do.