It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:36 am

Can someone please help me?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Can someone please help me?

Post by balala »

rucanunes wrote:And I'm dumb!! Two hours and I can't ger the text aligned and the same font.. Damn!! :oops:
I'm trying to incorporate the Amino style here...
No, not dumb at all. Lack of experience working with Rainmeter, doesn't make you dumb.
Answering your question I have to say I'm sorry, but I have no idea what the Amino style is. In fact I don't know any of the needed and included files (Styles.inc and Variables.inc).
Also not sure how would you like to align the strings. Post the content of those two files and give some details, please.
rucanunes

Post by rucanunes »

How can I move the RSS a little down and to the left??
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

rucanunes wrote:How can I move the RSS a little down and to the left??
RSS being what? I'm not sure.
Anyway to move a (String or any other type) meter to left, you have to decrease the value of its X option. To move it down, increase its Y option. Experimenting you can find the best values.
rucanunes

Post by rucanunes »

Thank you very much for your help!!
I guess I'm now going to try to change the font style. :17good
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

rucanunes wrote:I guess I'm now going to try to change the font style. :17good
You're welcome. But finally did you? And did it help?
Otherwise, Merry Christmas!
rucanunes

Post by rucanunes »

Sure! Look at the above Screencap. Thank you!!

I'm having some difilculty retreiving this RED text...

Merry Christmas!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

rucanunes wrote:I'm having some difilculty retreiving this RED text...
Theoretically replacing the Subst variable within the [Variables] section with the following one could help: Subst="<font color=.*>(.*)</font>":"\1","<s>":"","</s>":"".
Problem is however it seems not exactly always can this help. When I wrote that code I took into account this detail, but now looks that that solution was not good enough.
If you don't succeed creating a good Substitute option (not easy, especially for a beginner), tomorrow I'll try to creare a good option and will come back here (now it's almost midnight here - EET -, so I don1t work anymore - sorry).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

rucanunes wrote:I'm having some difilculty retreiving this RED text...
Here is a solution: replace the Subs variable (within the [Variables] section) with the following one: Subst="<font color=.*>(.*)</font>":"\1","<font color=.*>":"","</font>":"","<s>":"","</s>":"". This new Subst variable fixes the problem with those red strings.
Beside this, I'd also modify your code in two points:
  • I'd add a DynamicWindowSize=1 option, to the [Rainmeter] section. Skins using WebParser measures, many times request this option. Without it, when the data are parsed by the measures, the size of the skin isn't increased and due to this, the data won't fit the surface of the skin. If you add this option, when the data is parsed, the skin is enlarged enough to fit the data.
  • The skin with your code is very difficult to click on. That's because you have to click exactly to the lines of the shown letters. Clicking between these lines doesn't work. So, I'd add a background to the skin to be easier clickable. For this you have to add the following two options to the [Rainmeter] section:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
    BackgroundMode=2
    SolidColor=0,0,0,1
    The SolidColor options adds an almost transparent background to your skin. Its color is black, but its transparency being set to 1 from 255, it is practically invisible, nonetheless it become easily clickable. Obviously, if needed, you can use any color, (almost) transparent or not.
rucanunes

Post by rucanunes »

Damn!! You really know about this stuff!!! :-)
Thank you very much!!!! Take a look...
rucanunes

Post by rucanunes »

Thank you very much!!
January 3rd I'm going to add this to all teachers PCs thanks to you!!!

Now I'm going to try to add the School Logo in to the code.
I promise I'll backup the code!! :-)