It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:43 pm

Closed: Help with skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Allgharb

Closed: Help with skin

Post by Allgharb »

Hello everyone. After looking around I've developed (using some parts of Geo,.Crypto skin) a skin to keep track of variations on 4 cryptocurrencies (BTC, LTC, ETH, and Dash) but I'm a newbie and the code is ugly and I'm sure that there are simpler ways to define common variables for all the skins.
Also, I've got to the the conclusion that if I want to share with the community I need to have a setup skin that allows the user to define what cryptos the user want to track and the position the user has in those currencies in order to keep track of the portfolio.
Is this possible to make within Rainmeter? I'm willing to share the code with anyone that wants to help.
Thank you in advance.
Last edited by Allgharb on December 8th, 2017, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Help with skin

Post by JediWarrior »

Hi, Saw your post and thought I'd try and help with 1 part at least.. The common variables within your skin or layout [depending on which one your making] can be listed and accessed in a .inc file that is named "Variables" and placed in the @Resources file. Once this is there you can reference it in your .ini file with an @Include entry in the variables section. I dont know if I've helped here or just tried to teach my granny to suck eggs. One of the more experienced members might be able to word it better. Hope it helps a bit anyway and good luck with it. :welcome: :welcome: :bow: :bow: :thumbup: :thumbup: :great: :great:
It has been scientifically proven that racists,homophobes and all bigots are considerably less intelligent than people who see difference as a positive thing. The report also states that this is especially true of people who wont accept this as a fact but still deny being a racist, homophobe or bigot. :p :p :p
Allgharb

Re: Help with skin

Post by Allgharb »

Hi, thank you for trying to help!
I was able to create a inc file that defines common variables, and that really cleaned the code up. I also started to use SublimeText and that helped a lot to get the code sorted.

At the moment I've sorted things out and have a fully functional skin working as you can see here:

At the moment]version 1.0 (not released yet) makes the following:
- Tracks the price of an alt-coin that is is listed on coinmarketcap.com
- Tracks the % variation of the alt-coin from the last Hour, Day, and Week
- User can edit a "Portfolio Skin" .ini file to introduce the amount he has of the coin and at price he bought it to calculate the profit margin to date, and then load that Portfolio file.

What I'd like to include in a future version (and have no idea how to do it)
- Have a skin launch automatically to introduce the skin
- Have a Settings skin where users can choose which alt-coins they want to monitor
- Have a Settings skin where users can input current position and acquisition price
The last two features would help users not to mess up with the ini file.
´