It is currently April 26th, 2024, 6:57 pm

Desperate for Help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Italia.Skyy

Desperate for Help

Post by Italia.Skyy »

Hi I learned about Rainmeter 2 days ago and I'm hooked BUT I have never coded before and so I have a lot to learn. To the point, I can't CREATE yet but I can hijack what other people have made and change it to how I want it. Problem is I need CPU, GPU, RAM, and a battery that I like but Rainmeter doesn't let you search for words with less than 4 letters for some reason. I can handle the battery but it's all so frustrating so I came to the boards for help. Basically this person posted that they made this skin but wouldn't post it because they mashed together a bunch of other peoples codes and I REALLY like the CPU, GPU, and RAM bars but I can't just look for them because Rainmeter won't let me. Someone help :-( :-( :-( If anyone recognizes it and could please tell me I would be so grateful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tnpan

Re: Desperate for Help

Post by tnpan »

I'm not new but I wasn't active for several years, forum will help no doubt, they help me with the rotator issues i had.

About the CPU and RAM issue you need, that can be already obtain, check the Illustro skins and you may find those at SYSTEM i believe... you can use the NETWORK code too.

Now, GPU and if you want too, CPU, cores and more detailed info about your processor.... you'll need CoreTemp... "have a look at the Rainmeter Documentation before ask" is my motto, because all of these meter configs are there.

here's the Illustro code for CPU and RAM measures and Meters :) (without some stuff you may not need)

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
; This section contains general settings that can be used to change how Rainmeter behaves.
Update=1000

[measureCPU]
; This measure returns the average CPU load between all cores.
Measure=CPU
Processor=0

[measureRAM]
; Returns the amount of RAM used in bytes.
Measure=PhysicalMemory
UpdateDivider=20
; UpdateDivider sets the rate at which the value of the measure is updated. It is
; calculated as follows: UpdateDivider x Update. In this case, Update is set to
; 1000 milliseconds (in the [Rainmeter] section). 1000 x 20 = 20000 ms or 20 seconds.

[meterLabelCPU]
Meter=String
X=10
Y=40
W=190
H=14
Text=CPU Usage

[meterValueCPU]
Meter=String
MeasureName=measureCPU
X=200
Y=0r
; r stands for relative. In this case, the Y position of meterValueCPU is 0 pixels
; below the Y value of the previous meter (i.e it's the same as in meterLabelCPU).
W=190
H=14
Text=%1%
; %1 stands for the value of MeasureName (measureCPU in this case).

[meterBarCPU]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=measureCPU
X=10
Y=52
W=190
H=2

[meterLabelRAM]
Meter=String
X=10
Y=60
W=190
H=14
Text=RAM Usage

[meterValueRAM]
Meter=String
MeasureName=measureRAM
X=200
Y=0r
W=190
H=14
Text=%1%
Percentual=1
; Percentual=1 needs to be added her because measureRAM returns the amount
; of RAM used in bytes. Using Percentual=1 will convert that into a percentual value.

[meterBarRAM]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=measureRAM
X=10
Y=72
W=190
H=1