It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:27 am

Double toggle with mouse action

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
55thSwiss

Double toggle with mouse action

Post by 55thSwiss »

Good morning all,

Does anyone know if you're able to toggle two different skins with one mouse click?

I tried things like LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "Orchid_HUD\helixAngle" "helixAngle.ini" && "zGeometry.ini"] and putting the commands on separate lines one after the other but it only ever reads the first one.

The reason I ask, I think I'm having a problem with when the two popups are in one skin they both appear but neither are functioning. I'll get an !ActiveConfig: Invalid Parameters alarm in the debug window although my syntax is the same.

tl;dr can one mouse click toggle two different skins?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Double toggle with mouse action

Post by jsmorley »

55thSwiss wrote:Good morning all,

Does anyone know if you're able to toggle two different skins with one mouse click?

I tried things like LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "Orchid_HUD\helixAngle" "helixAngle.ini" && "zGeometry.ini"] and putting the commands on separate lines one after the other but it only ever reads the first one.

The reason I ask, I think I'm having a problem with when the two popups are in one skin they both appear but neither are functioning. I'll get an !ActiveConfig: Invalid Parameters alarm in the debug window although my syntax is the same.

tl;dr can one mouse click toggle two different skins?
You can simply put both of them on the same line:

LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "illustro\System" "System.ini"][!ToggleConfig "illustro\Clock" "Clock.ini"]

Be aware though, that only one skin (.ini) at a time can be active in a single config folder.
55thSwiss

Post by 55thSwiss »

jsmorley wrote:You can simply put both of them on the same line:

LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "illustro\System" "System.ini"][!ToggleConfig "illustro\Clock" "Clock.ini"]

Be aware though, that only one skin (.ini) at a time can be active in a single config folder.
Thanks for the quick reply, I didn't realize that about the single .ini active from one config file. Thank you!
55thSwiss

Post by 55thSwiss »

jsmorley wrote:You can simply put both of them on the same line:

Do you know if I'm able to keep stacking these (aka [!ToggleConfig #1][!ToggleConfig #2][!ToggleConfig #3] etc

I was able to get two at once to work but I'm having trouble with 3 and 4. Not sure if it's a syntax thing on my part though as I'm trying to have 4 input/output plugin windows active at once (all with their own sub directory and .ini file).
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

55thSwiss wrote:Do you know if I'm able to keep stacking these (aka [!ToggleConfig #1][!ToggleConfig #2][!ToggleConfig #3] etc

I was able to get two at once to work but I'm having trouble with 3 and 4. Not sure if it's a syntax thing on my part though as I'm trying to have 4 input/output plugin windows active at once (all with their own sub directory and .ini file).
You can stack up as many as you want on a single action option.
55thSwiss

Post by 55thSwiss »

jsmorley wrote:You can stack up as many as you want on a single action option.
Thanks jsmorley, I appreciate your help.
55thSwiss

Post by 55thSwiss »

Does anyone know if when using more than one InputText plugin skins the Output meter's Text= needs to be something besides %1 for the second skin? The first skin inputs and outputs are working correctly. On the second skin I cannot get the output to represent the inputs, the input box is holding the text appropriately though.
Last edited by 55thSwiss on December 1st, 2017, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

55thSwiss wrote:Does anyone know if when using more than one InputText plugin skins the Output meter's Text= needs to be something besides %1 for the second skin? The first skin inputs and outputs are working correctly. On the second skin I cannot get the output to represent the inputs, typing the inputs and entering them appears correctly
Not sure I follow. Can you describe a bit more what you are doing?
55thSwiss

Post by 55thSwiss »

jsmorley wrote:Not sure I follow. Can you describe a bit more what you are doing?
Sure, I have two skins active at once, both with the InputText plugin. Both skins have two inputs, a formula, and one output. The first skin is taking the inputs and displaying the output correctly (using %1 as the output code, aka Text=%1). The second skin is taking the inputs also, but the output never changes. Again I'm using Text=%1, but have tried %2 etc. The log says I have a calc error (on the formular I'm assuming) but even if I went simple values into the formular like 1+1 it still says that. I wasn't sure if one error was covering another kind of thing and it was actually the output that was the issue?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Sorry, I just don't follow at all. You might want to zip up your root config folder with both the skins and all the rest (images and such) and attach it here or post it somewhere with a link to download it.