It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:47 pm

Steins;Gate layout assistance?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Bardcore

Steins;Gate layout assistance?

Post by Bardcore »

Hey there. I'm a big Steins;Gate fan, but brand new to Rainmeter. I'd like to set this up exactly as shown, but outside of downloading the skins I have no idea what I'm doing. Anyone willing to help out? Much appreciated.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Steins;Gate layout assistance?

Post by balala »

The first two links are for downloading two wallpapers. Download the second one, with the dark characters and apply it.
Download the Visualizer skin installer (the last link) and install it.
Optionally I'd set the position of the Visualizer skin On desktop (if you want to do this, right click any of the flashing characters, then go to Settings -> Position and click On desktop). This should be done to make the skin to not go in front of the open windows.
I think that's all. Does it work?
Just two comments:
  • The author should have to explain in a few words what should a user do to get the skin working well. Not obviously at all. You could send him a request to post some explanations.
  • The Update=10 option, used in the [Rainmeter] section of the Visualizer skin is not a valid option. The smallest value which can be use is Update=16 (second paragraph here). Modify this value and refresh the skin (right click it and click Refresh skin. Although the skin works even with Update=10, this is happening because if a not valid value is used, Rainmeter uses the first valid value, in this case 16. However this is something which should be fixed.
Bardcore

Post by Bardcore »

balala wrote:The first two links are for downloading two wallpapers. Download the second one, with the dark characters and apply it.
Download the Visualizer skin installer (the last link) and install it.
Optionally I'd set the position of the Visualizer skin On desktop (if you want to do this, right click any of the flashing characters, then go to Settings -> Position and click On desktop). This should be done to make the skin to not go in front of the open windows.
I think that's all. Does it work?
Just two comments:
  • The author should have to explain in a few words what should a user do to get the skin working well. Not obviously at all. You could send him a request to post some explanations.
  • The Update=10 option, used in the [Rainmeter] section of the Visualizer skin is not a valid option. The smallest value which can be use is Update=16 (second paragraph here). Modify this value and refresh the skin (right click it and click Refresh skin. Although the skin works even with Update=10, this is happening because if a not valid value is used, Rainmeter uses the first valid value, in this case 16. However this is something which should be fixed.
Thanks a lot! I got it working, but I think the visualizer is smaller than the wallpaper. The wallpaper is 1920x1039 for some reason. Any idea what I can remedy that? I tried resizing it to 1920x1080, but it didn't seem to help.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Bardcore wrote:Thanks a lot! I got it working, but I think the visualizer is smaller than the wallpaper. The wallpaper is 1920x1039 for some reason. Any idea what I can remedy that? I tried resizing it to 1920x1080, but it didn't seem to help.
What have you tried to resize?
You should have to resize and reposition the [Image1] - [Image8] meters, adding the appropriate W and H options to each of these meters and replacing their X and Y options. Problem is I can't give precise values which you should have to use, because I think which values should you use, depends on the resolution of your screen.
However I think that if the width of your wallpaper coincides with the width of your screen, probably the characters horizontally are well aligned, just vertically are not. Am I right?
If so, try to multiply the Y options of the [Image1] - [Image8] meters with 0.962, which is equal to 1039/1080. Eg for [Image1] you should try Y=214, because 214 = (1038 / 1080) * 222, 222 being the original position of the meter. Do the same with all those meters.
Also check the height of the images (not the meters, but the images which exist in the Visualizer config: 1.png, 2.png and so on). Add to each of the [Image1] - [Image8] meters a H option, with the height of the appropriate image, multiplied with (1038 / 1080). Eg the height of 1.png is 596 pixels, so you should have to add to the [Image1] meter the H=573 value, which I got from 596*(1039/1080).
I hope you've understood my explanation. Please let me know if you've succeeded to reposition and resize the image meters.