It is currently April 20th, 2024, 5:05 am

Rotator not working - HELP

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rotator not working - HELP

Post by eclectic-tech »

tnpan wrote:Yes! Indeed, all the red stuff are details, the red triangle marks 5 seconds, the image is similarnto the ones showed before.

I've scale it and make it move for a whilr but never thought i only had to use 288 of 360 degrees, i'll try that asap.

About the dashed line, is beter to use that code o a static png set to rotate at a constant speed?

Lastly the dot, you can see it in the refference image at 8, originaly was made to spin every second non-stop. An echo of the seconds again. As mentioned before by eclectic-tech, the dot don't spins, it jumps, seems i'll have to redesign that one :/
It doesn't matter which method you use for the dash line, I just offered the shape meter as an option.

Sounds like you are close to getting everything working, looks good! :thumbup:
tnpan

Post by tnpan »

a good option, thats a .png less that the cpu can fill in with no problem (wow! a few bites of free Hard Drive hahaha) it works wondefull, I noticed I can personalyze it too (at least the dash lines space, lenght and width) so i'm using it.

Thing is that want it to be constantly spining, right now its moving choppy every second. i'm trying the "rotate an image around its center" example with no success :C I know code its broken somewhere coz image it's not showing (rute and name are fine, double checked) Probably i'm using the wrong code again...

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1

[MeasureRotate]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(MeasureRotate % 360) + 1
MaxValue=360

[MeterMinutesDot]
Meter=rotator
MeasureName=MeasureRotate
ImageName=#@#03 - Dot.png
X = ([MeterClockFace:W] / 2)
Y = ([MeterClockFace:H] / 2)
OffsetX = (1229 / 2)
OffsetY = (1229 / 2)
TransformationMatrix=#Scaler#;0;0;#Scaler#;((1-#Scaler#)*[#CURRENTSECTION#:X]);((1-#Scaler#)*[#CURRENTSECTION#:Y])
DynamicVariables=1

5 seconds mark png image worked with the loop measure described by eclectic-tech. Final Code is this one:

[MeasureTime72]
Measure=Loop
StartValue=0
EndValue=288
Increment=72

[Meter5SecondsHand]
Meter=ROTATOR
MeasureName=MeasureTime72
ImageName=#@#03 - 5 Seconds mark.png
OffsetX = (1229 / 2)
OffsetY = (1229 / 2)
ValueRemainder=60
TransformationMatrix=#Scaler#;0;0;#Scaler#;((1-#Scaler#)*[#CURRENTSECTION#:X]);((1-#Scaler#)*[#CURRENTSECTION#:Y])
DynamicVariables=1

eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Nothing wrong with your code.

To have a faster animation, you have to lower the overall Update rate of the skin from 1000ms to ~25ms and then add a default update divider so everything else runs once per second. Change the [Rainmeter] section as below, and add UpdateDivider=1 to the measures and meters that you want faster animation action.

[Rainmeter]
Update=25
DefaultUpdateDivider=40
DynamicWindowSize=1

[MeasureRotate]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(MeasureRotate % 360) + 1
MaxValue=360
UpdateDivider=1

[MeterMinutesDot]
Meter=rotator
MeasureName=MeasureRotate
ImageName=#@#03 - Dot.png
OffsetX = (1229 / 2)
OffsetY = (1229 / 2)
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=1
tnpan

Post by tnpan »

So just to check, I have to add <UpdateDivider=1> just to the meters I want to have a 1000ms? Or just those I want to increese speed like your code?

As always, I'll try it asap :)

Edit: ot was just to the meters you want to speed up
Last edited by tnpan on November 27th, 2017, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
tnpan

Post by tnpan »

WHOPS! everything works fine now! and no CPU load at all, I run on Win10 with Several Tabs on Chrome and a large file on Photoshop CC... RAM cry's as always and CPU is Regular Temp. and Load...

Only thing was that the Time messed up with the 28 update value, so I read the Rainmeter Update documentation and swaped the values, also made the calculation 40*25=1000 that fixed the problem :)

[Rainmeter]
Update=40
DefaultUpdateDivider=20
DynamicWindowSize=1

I'll export the RainMeterSkin and share it here soon, so I can have some feedback :D

Thanks to everyone and Eclectic-tech to all the support! this was made possible by your help :D

*I'll update the post and create a Fix Summary later for future refferences. that way others can find the solution to rotator themed issues here.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Happy to help!