It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:56 pm

Error 126

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Justa

Error 126

Post by Justa »

I saw a skin on reddit and I downloaded it but it did not work, and when i checked the log, it stated

Code: Select all

Plugin: Unable to load "Chameleon" (error 126) (Color changing honeycomb\chrome\chrome.ini - [ChamBG2]) 
Link to the reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainmeter/comments/70b03s/color_changing_honeycomb/
Link to the skin download:
https://floortje-l.deviantart.com/art/Color-chaning-honeycomb-1-1-704594858

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Error 126

Post by eclectic-tech »

The author of the Honey Comb skin did not package the Chameleon plugin properly, so it was not installed when you installed the skin; thus the error.

The plugin (32-bit/64-bit versions) are in the @Resources\Plugin folder, but you will need to either manually install the correct version for your system, or contact the author and ask him to properly add the plugin to a new package.

Manually installing requires you to copy the correct dll to your installation. If you have a standard installation (not portable) then the location of folder with all installed plugins is "C:\Users\{yourUsername}\appdata\roaming\rainmeter\plugins".
Justa

Post by Justa »

How do I know which is the correct version?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Justa wrote:How do I know which is the correct version?
Open up About / Version from the Rainmeter system tray, and it will tell you if you are running 32bit or 64bit Rainmeter. Use the same "bitness" version of the plugin.

4.1.0 r2989 64-bit (Nov 6 2017)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (build 16299)
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\Jeffrey\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Users\Jeffrey\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Justa wrote:How do I know which is the correct version?
I think just to avoid any error, the best would be to install Socks the Fox's example skin, available here: https://software.socksthefox.net/chameleon/
Click Download, download the Chameleon.zip package, unpack it and run the Socks_2.6.rmskin skin installer. It'll copy the appropriate version of the plugin into the appropriate folder (see eclectic-tech's reply above) and the Socks config into the Skins folder. You can give a try to the installed skin, but if you don't want, just simply remove the newly installed Socks config. The Chameleon plugin will remain installed and you'll be able to use it.
Justa

Post by Justa »

After downloading that skin, the plugin worked, thanks for the help!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Justa wrote:After downloading that skin, the plugin worked, thanks for the help!
Installing the plugin through a skin installer which contains the plugin is the best and easiest way to install it. Glad you got it working.
But I think would be a good idea to send a PM to the author of the HoneyComb plugin, asking him to include the plugin into the next release, as eclectic-tech suggested above.