It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:49 am

can i change the colour in a skin in ini files

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: can i change the colour in a skin in ini files

Post by jsmorley »

The Net measures in Rainmeter capture data from the NIC (network interface card) on your PC. Unless your router supports pushing statistics to some HTTP page that you can get to with WebParser, or can output the statistics to a text file you can read with WebParser or Lua, you can't have a skin that reports on network usage at a router level.

What is reported by Rainmeter is traffic in and out of your PC. It will have no idea about traffic to and from other devices on your network and the router.
jraju

Post by jraju »

convinced with your reply that skins could not do from router.
Could you pleasel say , how i could use webparser to do the same.
I want a kind of constant monitoring of those speeds inside the router.
Ofcourse, it will show increased speed rate when you download.
But, please say, how to use web parser to get that on my desktop.
I will and am using your skin also now with white background.
can i expect a reply
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

jraju wrote:convinced with your reply that skins could not do from router.
Could you pleasel say , how i could use webparser to do the same.
I want a kind of constant monitoring of those speeds inside the router.
Ofcourse, it will show increased speed rate when you download.
But, please say, how to use web parser to get that on my desktop.
I will and am using your skin also now with white background.
can i expect a reply
There is no easy answer to this. As I said, it is entirely dependent on begin able to access the data from your router in either an HTTP/HTML page that you can get to without needing any login credentials, or having your router output data to some text file that is in a location on your hard drive that you can get to.

Every router is different, so there is no way for me or anyone to help you determine this, but I will say that it is probably unlikely. Having your router allow HTTP access with no security is probably a very bad idea, and I don't know of any routers offhand (there may be, I just don't know) that output useful data to a log or other text file that you can get at.

If you in fact find that you can get at the data you want in your web browser, (again, if you need to provide a login id and password to do so, it won't work) or from a file you can load in a text editor, then it is likely possible that you can parse and use that data with WebParser. What that will look like is entirely dependent on what the data you get looks like, so we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

I am not hopeful about this. Rainmeter doesn't know or care about your router, only the traffic across your PC's NIC, and getting at your router's data in an unsecured way has about a 1-in-100 chance in my view.

The most likely answer is "it can't be done".
jraju

Post by jraju »

Hi thanks.noted the contents,
Is there a way to show the actual net speed convert to mbps? I mean if the speed is in low level could the skin show the converted mb speed per second? If my activity gets a speed of .03kbs or 200kbs or 1.09mb,can it show converted mbps speed?as always