It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:37 pm

Creating duplicate widget

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mohit648

Creating duplicate widget

Post by Mohit648 »

Hi,

I am using Rainmeter Win10 Widgets - Disk widget. I want to know that how I can another drive in same skin style. How I can add another drive? How can I modify Disk widget?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Creating duplicate widget

Post by balala »

Mohit648 wrote:I am using Rainmeter Win10 Widgets - Disk widget. I want to know that how I can another drive in same skin style. How I can add another drive? How can I modify Disk widget?
We don't know what is the Rainmeter Win10 Widgets - Disk (and it definitely isn't a widget - in Rainmeter these elements are named skins). So please post a link first where the skin can be downloaded.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sorry, I just have realize I think I misunderstood you. You want to add a second drive to the existing skin or want to have loaded twice the same skin, for two different drives? Because it's not the same...
Mohit648

Post by Mohit648 »

Yes you are right. I have multiple drives in my system. & by default only one drive status is displayed. I want to see all my drives status. So please tell me how can i add another drives?
Mohit648

Post by Mohit648 »

I want to load same skin multiple times. how can I do that?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Mohit648 wrote:I want to load same skin multiple times. how can I do that?
Rainmeter can only have 1 skin in a folder loaded at a time. In order to load a skin multiple times, you simply need to copy the folder, paste it in the same location as the original, rename the folder, and refresh Rainmeter; the new skin folder will now be available.

For Win10Widgets drives, copy the "Win10 Wigets\HardDrive" folder, paste a copy, rename it ("HardDrive2" or something), and "Refresh All" in the Rainmeter Manage dialog.

You can now edit the variables in "HardDrive-Large.ini" (set "Disk=C:" to the desired drive letter) to have the new skin show info on a different device.
Mohit648

Post by Mohit648 »

I have tried but not working. Can you please do at your system and send me download link?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Mohit648 wrote:I have tried but not working. Can you please do at your system and send me download link?
uh, well, no... I can't do that. What's "not working"? You probably missed a step and need to try it again. That's all I can suggest...