It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:47 am

Creating a productive skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
crocoduck

Creating a productive skin

Post by crocoduck »

Hi! I want to create two skins: A maximally productive one for myself and then a much simpler, more user friendly version to install on the computers for my family. I was going to research first, but am overwhelmed by the starting options and am looking for some guidance on where to start.

I'm very inexperienced so this will probably be a long-term process, so I'm looking for a starting template. I always struggle with the initial set-up of programs like this, haha, it's a curse. But it would be nice to utilize this fantastic software while I learn more about it.

So to be more specific, I'm trying to create a desktop set that's focused on helping me get work done and stay connected to my day. Not having had much time to flesh it out, I'm looking to make my desktop be easy to launch ongoing projects from. I could click a button and open my google drive in a widget preview, and then with another button open one of the microsoft suites. There would be a notepad widget that's either always on or very accessible and the most important one would be the time and stopwatch widgets to help my crazy inability to keep track of time haha. I'd want an easy to use and access calendar widget that allows me to expand details on events and easily add them on and yadda yadda.

I understand that many of those options may not be possible yet, but I'll work my way up to the closest I can get there and either settle or see if I can do anything about making it happen. In the meantime, I'm looking to find or make a foundation for that.
CyberTheWorm

Re: Creating a productive skin

Post by CyberTheWorm »

My suggestion would be to look at these 2 links to see if what you want can be found here.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewforum.php?f=27
https://www.deviantart.com/newest/?q=Rainmeter

You can then take what you want from the skins you find and try to create a skin for yourself.

Then come back if you need help. You will usually get a response that day. We have lots of helpful folks around here.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page